• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Venting About Back Orders At Oakley!!!!

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
Ok, if I didn't say my peace on this then I couldn't get any feedback from other members on their experience. I believe there was an old thread from awhile ago about it but this is a venting thread!

First off, WTF. Cant they get it straight? It started in January, I placed an order on one of there sites which there are three of, we all know them but I'm not gonna say which one.... So as to cover them all, anyway I get two of the three items I order, the last item is back ordered. If you have ever ordered online they charge a $1.00 on your credit card to make sure it goes through first then charge the full amount. So I get charged and a few weeks go by and I start to notice every 2 weeks my card gets hit with a $30 charge then it disappears after two days. I like what the...... Ok I find out that Oakley's system automatically does this to make sure funding is there in case it comes in. After 2 months of waiting AND an email saying the item is discontinued and no longer being manufactured, I'm like what the...... Ok, 10 days after the email I'm still getting charged for the item and the charge falls off. I call them and they tell me the item will be a available in July. So I explain the email and the charges and they said its an issue in there billing system. So they stopped the charge..... I just received another order from them and guess what another back ordered item!!!!! So keep a watchful eye on your account as you never know..... Ok, I feel better now!!!!

Does this mean that I might still get my back-ordered 24K XS? :mad:

I have the same thing happen to me, but the charge is $9.98. The charge shows up on my account at the end of the month and then goes away a few days later...I called Oakley about it and they told me the same thing about it being an issue with the billing system.

Same thing happens to me too. When I buy from Oakley website the item alway look in stock, when I call them 3-4 days latter to get updated status the item ends up being on backorder.

Back