• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Else Do You Collect Besides Oakley? Any Hobbies Or Talents?

Good question. Has to be something from Ghibli, maybe Spirited Away. The Monogatari series, particularly earlier ones like Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Fullmetal Alchemist. Clannad and Clannad After Story, because the latter is one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen. Some Mobile Suit Gundam, maybe 00. Mushi-shi. Spiral. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but only the first series. Black Lagoon. Neon Genesis Evangelion. Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. Steins;Gate. A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun. 5 Centimetres Per Second. I watched all of Bleach and Naruto too, so it’s not like I’m totally against shōnen, just DBZ never really appealed. I do tend to prefer seinen to shōnen in general.

More than 5, I know, but I have nearly 1000 anime DVDs and BDs so impossible to narrow it down that much.
gotcha bleach and naruto never did get me, i tried watching them by 12 episodes i am done.
in no particular order
dbz
eva
berserk
death note
fma brotherhood

childhood faves
escaflowne, beepop, trigun

attack on titan hell yeah special mention
i myself has a ton un watched :lol: just finished eureka 7 i give it a 7.
probably gonna watch tsubasa next since this has been in my pile for ages as well.

i dont really like these type of anime
grave of fire flies
tokyo magnitude 8.0 damn this SH!T I WAS TRICKED only because it has been in my pile for ages urrrgggghhhhh
sad and it got me.

Good question. Has to be something from Ghibli, maybe Spirited Away. The Monogatari series, particularly earlier ones like Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Fullmetal Alchemist. Clannad and Clannad After Story, because the latter is one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen. Some Mobile Suit Gundam, maybe 00. Mushi-shi. Spiral. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but only the first series. Black Lagoon. Neon Genesis Evangelion. Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. Steins;Gate. A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun. 5 Centimetres Per Second. I watched all of Bleach and Naruto too, so it’s not like I’m totally against shōnen, just DBZ never really appealed. I do tend to prefer seinen to shōnen in general.

More than 5, I know, but I have nearly 1000 anime DVDs and BDs so impossible to narrow it down that much.

gotcha bleach and naruto never did get me, i tried watching them by 12 episodes i am done.
in no particular order
dbz
eva
berserk
death note
fma brotherhood

childhood faves
escaflowne, beepop, trigun

attack on titan hell yeah special mention
i myself has a ton un watched :lol: just finished eureka 7 i give it a 7.
probably gonna watch tsubasa next since this has been in my pile for ages as well.

i dont really like these type of anime
grave of fire flies
tokyo magnitude 8.0 damn this SH!T I WAS TRICKED only because it has been in my pile for ages urrrgggghhhhh
sad and it got me.

Wow, some great ones in both lists! Too many to narrow it down, but definitely top of the list for me:

Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop
Gundam Wing
Outlaw Star
Gangsta
Samurai 7
Gate

I enjoyed Bleach, Naruto and DBZ; but man it’s tough to get through so many episodes of filler. I need to check out Monogatari, heard good things.

Edit: If you enjoy a little sad, check out Planetarian

Last edited:
Wow, some great ones in both lists! Too many to narrow it down, but definitely top of the list for me:

Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop
Gundam Wing
Outlaw Star
Gangsta
Samurai 7
Gate

I enjoyed Bleach, Naruto and DBZ; but man it’s tough to get through so many episodes of filler. I need to check out Monogatari, heard good things.

Edit: If you enjoy a little sad, check out Planetarian
Definitely recommend Monogatari. Although the releases aren’t in strict chronological order, I absolutely recommend watching in release order, it will make most sense that way. It is quite complex and sometimes densely philosophical, plus it’s subs only, so you do need your wits about you when watching later series.

Still have three volumes of Kizumonogatari to work through and there are two series after that. Neither have been released in the EU yet - Koyomimonogatari is on Amazon UK as a US import but is $135 so I’ll wait for an official EU release.

AD73677E-D454-48D7-BAAF-86EA0A433CB7.jpeg

Definitely recommend Monogatari. Although the releases aren’t in strict chronological order, I absolutely recommend watching in release order, it will make most sense that way. It is quite complex and sometimes densely philosophical, plus it’s subs only, so you do need your wits about you when watching later series.

Still have three volumes of Kizumonogatari to work through and there are two series after that. Neither have been released in the EU yet - Koyomimonogatari is on Amazon UK as a US import but is $135 so I’ll wait for an official EU release.

View attachment 814419
I know I’m new here, but if you want to get something from the US, let me know and I’ll ship it to you!

I know I’m new here, but if you want to get something from the US, let me know and I’ll ship it to you!
Uk and Australia has some awesome releases not available here. I got me an all region 4k bluray player so i can play them bluray here.

I have a pretty epic collection of classic Nerf guns and Super Soakers. Not very easy to produce a photo right now (out of state) but at some point I will. Over the years I’ve told the wife I collected them “for the kids“ which I think she questions... 😆

My favorite super soaker I own is the CPS2000.

And my favorite Nerf guns are the Rapidfire AS-20 and the Titan AS-V1

How I found the CPS 2000 (for free) is a super cool story but it’s a bit longer. If anyone wants to hear it shoot me a PM.

At my last job I bought my team the full arsenal of Nerf MEGA guns.
The team was hard-working and productive. We were professional with our clients, but behind the scenes it was so healthy to take an hour here and there to laugh and have fun together.

@zcrxsi @Inkkoonce @Ti man* @docrusty @herbieninja Do you want to confess any other collections? 😜

I have a pretty epic collection of classic Nerf guns and Super Soakers. Not very easy to produce a photo right now (out of state) but at some point I will. Over the years I’ve told the wife I collected them “for the kids“ which I think she questions... 😆

How I found the CPS 2000 (for free) is a super cool story but it’s a bit longer. If anyone wants to hear it shoot me a PM.

The team was hard-working and productive. We were professional with our clients, but behind the scenes it was so healthy to take an hour here and there to laugh and have fun together.

@zcrxsi @Inkkoonce @Ti man* @docrusty @herbieninja Do you want to confess any other collections? 😜
Damn that rapid fire looks scary 🤣

I had a CPS 2000 when I was a kid, it was a beast. Are super soakers and nerf big markets?

Last edited:
So going off the rails alittle and started feeling a bit of nostalgia. Since no one really uses anymore I figured I better get one while I can and they become dinosaurs. A genuine pay phone. This is a brand new unit I bought just as a display piece. Mid 90s phone. I figured I would never have a land line again. I asked my niece if she ever used one she said no. She’s 30 years old. Ugh she never experienced calling her mom on one of these to pick her up from the mall. The good ole days.
B9A4F8E7-501F-4BBA-ABDA-D1C4FA0DEABB.jpeg
0FDC9AEB-68B6-4C3A-B509-959E90083396.jpeg
8D122F56-C193-4D4B-A3DA-3C8CFA5413B8.jpeg

So going off the rails alittle and started feeling a bit of nostalgia. Since no one really uses anymore I figured I better get one while I can and they become dinosaurs. A genuine pay phone. This is a brand new unit I bought just as a display piece. Mid 90s phone. I figured I would never have a land line again. I asked my niece if she ever used one she said no. She’s 30 years old. Ugh she never experienced calling her mom on one of these to pick her up from the mall. The good ole days. View attachment 836371View attachment 836369View attachment 836370
That is cool as hell!

Latest Posts

Back