• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What makes X-Metals so special

Well the triggerman was never meant to be x metals. You didn't read the memo Oakley put out? They said it themselves. They even quote it in the x metal video. People are just in denial...
Lol I'm new to this whole thing I thought those three we're in the same family. I know on Oakley's site they mention at least one being inspired by x-metals

Yeah I thought the bad/madman were going to be awesome, but in my opinion the fastening of plastic using metal screw to a metal frame was to great of a weak point for me. And seeing them now selling for $150 days they really missed the mark for a lot of people. Wish I had bought more x metals back in the day.

What makes x metal so special?
The vision! The vision was to create a set of optical superiority that would be cherished and appreciated enough to become a family heirloom. And they nailed it. Wear mine and I drop mine and my dog chewed mine and I've kicked mine and I am sure they will see more damage, but through it all they have remained damn near perfect, other than the lenses which I replaced, the frame was created to be passed from generation to generation, like your grandmothers wedding ring, or grandfathers favorite knifeamd they will be. When you feel their substance you know they are special. Not only special to you but they are special to that fine team of individuals that brought them to life.

The video says the frame is virtually unbreakable and that theyve driven a tank over them. Yet people have broken juliets when trying to insert the pins when replacing the nose bridge. How is this possible?

Latest Posts

Back