• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Who else loves collecting Jawbones or New Racing Jackets?

FYI @cacatman the orange jaws you were trying to color ID look to match that of Max Fear Light Jawbones, along with the icon on the splits being the same color. They might match atomic orange, or you might end up with a ever so slight difference in color tone as is the case with my Orange jaws from OO9171-03 Racing Jacket coupled with OCP Team Orange Jawbones.

88161141_1617548341727611_5109143420006301696_n.jpg

Is that sky blue?
Those are Glacier, as Sky Blue was only offered for the Jawbones. However telling the two apart side by side even in hand can be confusing.

I found Glacier blue has more pop to it and brighter blue color. Sky Blue seems a bit flatter or washed out, despite it actually being a darker blue or say more saturated blue color.

I've also confused Pacific Blue when not in Fathom configuration an potato pics with those blues. Which lead to me creating this comparison cheat sheet or sorts..

IMG_6685.png

Those are Glacier, as Sky Blue was only offered for the Jawbones. However telling the two apart side by side even in hand can be confusing.

I found Glacier blue has more pop to it and brighter blue color. Sky Blue seems a bit flatter or washed out, despite it actually being a darker blue or say more saturated blue color.

I've also confused Pacific Blue when not in Fathom configuration an potato pics with those blues. Which lead to me creating this comparison cheat sheet or sorts..

View attachment 708872
Thanks for the chart. I didn't realize they were that similar.

Does anyone else have HI Yellow lenses with an Iridium coating?

I have a pair that came with my Sochi Olympic Jawbone and I took it with a pinch of salt when the seller said the Iridium coated pairs were an athlete exclusive.

Here is a picture of the pair with a non-iridium lens at the bottom for comparison.

20200320_180015.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone else have HI Yellow lenses with an Iridium coating?

I have a pair that came with my Sochi Olympic Jawbone and I took it with a pinch of salt when the seller said the Iridium coated pairs were an athlete exclusive.

Here is a picture of the pair with a non-iridium lens at the bottom for comparison.

View attachment 714385
I also got a set of them with a different safehouse pair, an became curious about they seemed to match up with my Crowbar goggle H.I. Blue tint almost perfectly. Yet when I previously had a set of H.I. Yellow from an OCP pair they were more washed out, which lead me to asking an R&D ex-employee why that was.

He explained the SH pair matched my Crowbars so well because they were technically the same tint. In that officially the tint was called H.I. Blue as they tuned the pre-existing goggle lens tint, but everyone just called it H.I. Yellow. So the athlete H.I. Yellow was a bit darker than the H.I. Yellow that came with the Jupiter Camo model, an for a short time through the OCP store.

Aside from that exclusive tint made for Athletes they had the choice of a H.I. Persimmon tint, for RJ/JB & Radar/Radarlock frames. I'll see if I can find the message, as I recall he had some technical stats about the light transmission. Said they looked similar to prizm trail (which didn't exist at the time) but fell between them and P42 in terms of darkness.

o-JawBone Jupiter2.jpg

Last edited:
That's some great info - thanks!

I did notice a blue hue to them when held at a certain angle...

Latest Posts

Back