• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whoever used a 60% off code read this

After reading all this I honestly think it's stupid that Oakley has flagged the accounts that has used those codes. They need to find out how they got out and track that down.
The ones on ebay they can go after those sellers if they really wanted to. These are property of Oakley, I get that but so are all the cases that a lot of us own. Those are all property of Oakley and were supposed to be returned.
I don't hear of anyone saying that is against the law. There are cases all over in members houses that are owned by Oakley. We seem to be OK with that. Why.......because we love them and use them to display our Oakley items.

I'm just saying.

Last edited:
Path of restitution is small claims against the thief on the basis of misrepresentation (i.e. That they had title and ownership of the product).

Ok I'm just gonna leave this one be...gonna watch what arguments I choose and pick my battles don't want to start another mess like last nite.

for what it's worth, from a computer science point of view, coming from a programmer analyst who works on systems that collects and validates customer names, emails, and addresses on a daily basis, it's close to impossible to completely block someone from accessing a "free to sign up" website (unless if you have to pay to get in, or if they require a non-changing identification method, like SSN or driver's license number). so there's still probably tons of ways to use promotional codes if they are blocking you

a couple examples:
1. if they're blocking by name, you can intentionally misspell your name. it happens all the time and I still get my mails even if my name is misspelled
2. blocking by email, use a different one. or if you're using gmail, you can add/move periods in your email address and they would still end up in the same mailbox
3. blocking by address, if you live in a house, the "Address 2" line is usually unused. you can add an "Apt. A" or "Attn:" line and the post office would ignore them, it'd still be delivered to your house. misspelling the address (as long as it's something minimal like using "dr." instead of "drive") would also work. if that does not work, have it delivered to your neighbor, or at work
4. blocking by payment method, if you use paypal, paypal allows you to setup multiple emails for the same account. if you use a credit card, use a different one, or setup a paypal account

personally, I'm not worried. I've used the 60% off code twice. I was still able to use my bounce back rewards and f&f codes just recently

Seems obvious that the codes are/were meant to be used by people (surely not by people buying them off eBay though). Oakley is still making money and probably even more due to people spending more to use the rewards they received by using the 60% in the first place.

I have to agree with Rust. Anyone who used these codes knew, or could reasonably have been expected to know, that they weren't eligible for them, by the channel they were obtained from and the degree of discount if nothing else.

I don't think Oakley are being entirely unreasonable blocking other discounts right now. They do still want your money and you may well end up getting future discounts, but they can't be seen to be condoning what was at best misrepresentation, regardless of how much business you've placed with them in the past.

I won't be surprised if this blows over soon enough and amounts to no more than a bunch of slapped wrists. Except for the guy selling the codes...

I have to agree with Rust. Anyone who used these codes knew, or could reasonably have been expected to know, that they weren't eligible for them, by the channel they were obtained from and the degree of discount if nothing else.

I don't think Oakley are being entirely unreasonable blocking other discounts right now. They do still want your money and you may well end up getting future discounts, but they can't be seen to be condoning what was at best misrepresentation, regardless of how much business you've placed with them in the past.

I won't be surprised if this blows over soon enough and amounts to no more than a bunch of slapped wrists. Except for the guy selling the codes...
The guys selling the codes on eBay had administrative action taken against them.

Latest Posts

Back