• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Worked as a manager at an Oakley store for four years between 2007-2011. Ask me anything!

Careful with generalization, I think someone in Germany and the southern state of the US made that mistake a while back (and until now) I have come across numerous employees that advised me to upgrade the glasses I was wearing (Xmetals) to some nice customizable fuel cells. and another employee at HQ no less insist that the only Icons that were released were either elliptical and the square-O, and the elite Icons in my PB were from a different brand...

Remember that Oakley is a large company and even JJ when he was at the helm didn't necessarily know everything. As I am typing I am reminded of this scene from a classic historical movie:

Pepper Potts: I honestly don't think you could tie your shoes without me.
Tony Stark: I'd make it a week.
Pepper Potts: Really. What's your social security number?
Tony Stark: [long pause] Five.
Pepper Potts: Five? Yeah, you're missing just a couple of digits there.
Tony Stark: The other eight? But I've got you for the other eight.
Very true, I’ve met some really knowledgeable Oakley managers that I’ve learned from but have also met some that didn’t know a whole lot about their product or company. So you really have to judge one person at a time and can’t really lump everyone together.

I cant agree on that, I have seen many of those experts post misinformation and I choose not to make many look silly by posting pics that prove facts. That’s why I always say nothing is impossible with Oakley you just have to know the right path to take.
Remember when you pay in peanuts you get monkeys
LOL

I cant agree on that, I have seen many of those experts post misinformation and I choose not to make many look silly by posting pics that prove facts. That’s why I always say nothing is impossible with Oakley you just have to know the right path to take.
Remember when you pay in peanuts you get monkeys

How many could you have made look silly in the 3 months you’ve been here?

Back