• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Full Set!

BHarry

The Eclectic Collector
Northern Nevada
The last on my list was the Mars, do I wait and get a Crater or just go with the easy one... I went quick and easy. I waited to get it last because I don't like round glasses! Well, these are the exception;) (surprise, surprise). I can't seem to focus my collection very well, so all of the x-metals seemed about right (2 Juliet's because ummm why not?). These won't be the last!:whistle:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Is that a hardwood countertop? If so let me see some more pics please. Nice glasses too ;)
Thank you. Yeah, they are oak butcher block. I got big sections and cut them down, sanded, stained them then used a SPAR eurathane, sand and repeat (many times). It started as a way save on granite, but I think I like them much more than the granite island. I wanted something different for a backsplash, so I cut and glued together something to match and then tiled. My wife painted the cabinets and I did floors, new appliances... It's been a while but my back still hurts:D
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Very nice. We are in the planning stages on our kitchen remodel. We have already replaced all the appliances, now the fun begins. On our list of up grades is to refinish the cabinets, new countertops, new floor, new paint, new lighting and knock a hole in the wall to open it up to the living room a bit. Might have to sell some Oaks to get it all paid for...

Very nice. We are in the planning stages on our kitchen remodel. We have already replaced all the appliances, now the fun begins. On our list of up grades is to refinish the cabinets, new countertops, new floor, new paint, new lighting and knock a hole in the wall to open it up to the living room a bit. Might have to sell some Oaks to get it all paid for...
Remodels are a costly pain, but since we spend most of our time in this room it has been worth every Penny;)... Ours was mostly cosmetic and we were able to do eveything but the granite ourselves (fortunately the plumbing and electrical was minor) to save some cash.

On your cabinets what finish was on them before and what was the process?
They were a honey oak builder basic cabinet. She sanded them down really good with a sanding sponge and then sprayed on a couple thin coats of a primer and paint in one (semi-gloss). Same process for the veneer on the cabinet sides. I was more afraid of this project than any other part of the kitchen, but it came out really nice. They are wearing pretty well too. Good luck in the remodel, I hope it comes out great!

Back