• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badmans

I do think the design language is in the same family. Perhaps Oakley redefines what X metals are. Traditional titanium X metals would be one category, and newer designs could have their own categories. It makes sense in terms of brand recognition and continuity. If I were at the helm, that would be my approach.
Well of course in a marketing sense who would not?.
If you want to cash cow on the new once you will call them xmetals. I am just saying lets not KID ourselves they are not xmetals thats all my opinion only.

I tend to agree. Putting Badman and Madman into the X-metal lineup is like calling Turkey bacon "real bacon". It may work for others but I'm too old for change (LOL). I've followed X-metal since 1996 when they announced it, so I've been marketed to and assimilated the idea that X-metal = proprietary titanium + certain design language. Can't unravel the brainwashing at this point.

I tend to agree. Putting Badman and Madman into the X-metal lineup is like calling Turkey bacon "real bacon". It may work for others but I'm too old for change (LOL). I've followed X-metal since 1996 when they announced it, so I've been marketed to and assimilated the idea that X-metal = proprietary titanium + certain design language. Can't unravel the brainwashing at this point.
Haleleuia atleast you got my point lol.

If you want to cash cow on the new once you will call them xmetals. I am just saying lets not KID ourselves they are not xmetals thats all my opinion only.

I don't think xmetals were a cash cow. Otherwise they would still be making them.

They would just have the parts made in china and build em again here,they dont have to open a plant here again.i just dont think ouside this forum they will sell at a large volume so i doubt they will make them again.what we have in our collection was the last of a generation at oakley,so keep what you have,and even if they make the xmetal line again ours are the original first generation of xmetals and first gen of any collectable trumps all other cards in collecting .......just one mans opinion...

Agreed...

And really marketing is just marketing; when it really comes down to it I don't really care about marketing.

My whole objection to calling a different product "x-metals" is the possibility that those who don't know any better would think the originals are the same as the new ones. I feel that devalues them somewhat, and I don't want to spend all my time trying to explain to them the difference...

I was picking up what you were laying down brother. I hold the same opinion. I'm just saying, that I wouldn't be surprised to see the X Metal logo attached to these somehow.

Saw these being worn by Tomas Berdych's girlfriend at the Australian Open

2015-Australian-Open-Day-3.jpg

tomas-berdych-girlfriend-588x600.jpg

DU5Hkyl.jpg

0578-2927795-Excited_Ester_Satorova_watched_as_her_fiance_Tomas_Berdych_playe-a-11_1422339454441.jpg

Madman certainly is unique styling isn't it......:rolleyes:..........whilst I know someone posted something about these or a similar pair before thought i'd post these up anyway. The fact that these are out whilst the Madman still isn't even released yet makes it look like oakley is trying to follow trends rather than set them

Saw these being worn by Tomas Berdych's girlfriend at the Australian Open

2015-Australian-Open-Day-3.jpg

tomas-berdych-girlfriend-588x600.jpg

DU5Hkyl.jpg

0578-2927795-Excited_Ester_Satorova_watched_as_her_fiance_Tomas_Berdych_playe-a-11_1422339454441.jpg

Madman certainly is unique styling isn't it......:rolleyes:..........whilst I know someone posted something about these or a similar pair before thought i'd post these up anyway. The fact that these are out whilst the Madman still isn't even released yet makes it look like oakley is trying to follow trends rather than set them

Those look awfully like another colorway of the Christian Dior pair discussed in this thread:

Madman Look Alike? | Oakley Forum

And dang, she's smokin'... a little skinny, but smokin'...

Back