• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best prizm lenses for daily use?

I've tried out the DWP lenses and love them; I'm looking for a pair to put into rotation in my Holbrooks. Not to thread jack, but I've seen mention of VR28 lenses a few different times throughout the forum. What exactly are they and does anybody have pic of them?

I have prizm DWP in my Racing Jackets for sunny to medium conditions and I have polarized prizm black in my Valves for sunny days in the city. I love both. They have become my favorite sunny (to medium) condition lenses over 00 BIP.

If you go with DWP you get a litte bit more versatile lens and it also looks great from the outside. And the rose base distorts colors less than Brown/amber base but offers still good contrast.

If you go with polarized prizm black you get a great lens for sunny conditions that doesn't distort colors having grey base and yet it still manages to offer some increased contrast... which is the beauty of the prizm lenses.
You might say that the black is the best prizm option for really sunny conditions but it does not serve medium sunny conditions the way DWP does.

You can't go wrong with either...they are both great. It's really about what you are looking for in the lenses.

I really wish Oakley would offer these prizm lenses in precription for older frames. I really would like to have those in prescription for my Pit Boss 1's.

Do they still have the Prizm Black Iridium, or is it just Prizm Black now? Black Iridium before Prizm was around was always a great lens.

VR28 Black Iridium
00 Black Iridium
Tungsten/Titanium Iridium
Although...they're not prizm lenses.

Deep Water Prizm is up there too.
Daily Prizm

OO BIP and VR28 Black are probably my all time favorites, but hard to find.

^^ THIS all day and twice on Sundays.

After OO BIP & VR28 BIP, my favorites are as follows:
- Prizm Maritime Polarized
- Prizm Ruby Polarized
- Prizm DWP

Maritime & P Ruby are rated for a higher VLT%, but have performed well for me as all-purpose lenses except in extremely bright conditions. This might suit your needs well. Maritime is a rose base where P Ruby is a bronze base. Something for everyone.

I've heard Prizm Sapphire Polarized is awesome, but no experience as I've always opted for DWP. I haven't found love for Prizm Daily, although it's been "pitched" to me at the Vault as the new OO BIP, but doesn't have the same iridium - your eyes may be visible in more light. Prizm Black Polarized is more reflective, but less contrast than DAILY (and OO BIP for that). Simply, it's not nearly as awesome.

Good luck!

I am a huge fan of the prizm deep water. Great lenses that match a ton of frames very easily.

Back