• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Oakley Wiretap bow.

Brian Martonick

Oakley Beginner
Kennewick
Greetings everyone. I have a pair of Oakley Wiretap sunglasses. I really liked these sunglasses, and they were my second pair of metal framed sunglasses. Both parties broke in the same place. The first pair I bought on Ebay, and they were used. So, I didn't really get that upset when they broke. But, this pair, I bought new at a cost to me of almost $300. Now, I don't think I can get them fixed. They have been discontinued, and replacement parts are unavailable (as far as I know). Anyone have any suggestions?

Greetings everyone. I have a pair of Oakley Wiretap sunglasses. I really liked these sunglasses, and they were my second pair of metal framed sunglasses. Both parties broke in the same place. The first pair I bought on Ebay, and they were used. So, I didn't really get that upset when they broke. But, this pair, I bought new at a cost to me of almost $300. Now, I don't think I can get them fixed. They have been discontinued, and replacement parts are unavailable (as far as I know). Anyone have any suggestions?
Post some good pics of the break.

Maybe @zwc0442 can do something about it but he will need to see it first.

**** ME you paid $300 for a wiretap?!

He says “sunglasses” three times in the first two sentences so I don’t think they’re RX. Besides, we all know there’s people out there who would list a bnib wiretap on eBay for $300

This is true. eBay is the devil.

You might be able to make wiretaps RX’abe, I don’t know and I personally don’t care I was just trying to make sense of the $300 price tag. Or he could be exaggerating...

This is true. eBay is the devil.

You might be able to make wiretaps RX’abe, I don’t know and I personally don’t care I was just trying to make sense of the $300 price tag. Or he could be exaggerating...

They did have an RX version of them, but I don’t think the frame was any different from its sunglass counterpart

Another victim of eBay. Some day they will learn.

Lol right? I know of a wiretap for sale right now for $32

...and I have a few of my own
97079f566e91a5e3ec125246f08b8968.jpg

Latest Posts

Back