• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can the iridium coating affect the base tint appearance?

Bump for a good thread that should be stickied instead of the threads that get bumped all the time.

This is a truly fascinating thread. I have a pair of die cutter Violet iridium polarized lenses and I really hate looking through them because everything looks yellowish, similar drab to looking through the Ruby lenses which are not my favorite. I'm much prefer the look of black or gray prizm, as well as Sapphire prizm. Thankfully I have an extra pair of black prizm which I will replace The Violet now knowing that this test proves that the ugly yellowish greenish Hue is not my imagination, but actually a function of the Violet iridium. If it as neutral, similar to Black prizm or Oakley's everyday, I would have stuck with it. But no, file it iridium is definitely not neutral to look through even though they're nice to look at!

Just changed out the lenses. Compared them side by side in the frame, black prism and violet iridium polarized. The difference was significant, with the Violet iridium shedding a greenish yellow look to everything. If that's what you prefer, I've got a pair for you. :) many thanks again for this thread.

Back