• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

Hi, i have 3 pairs of oakleys that need new lenses, a pair of romeos, a pair of juliets and not too sure which one the third one is, i think its penny(see pic), JB022715. The link provided in the very first post does not work, nor does copy pasting. Can you please help me out, i need to know which lenses to get and cut out lenses for my glasses.
cheers

View attachment 375763

View attachment 375764
The link works fine. Try holding "Ctrl" and "Alt" and clicking the link.

The list shows that the jawbone lenses are compatible for cutting lenses for the juliet. The jawbone lenses i saw have a jagged edge(see pic), are they big enough inspite of the jagged edge, to cut out lenses for the juliets?
cheers

jaw.JPG

The list shows that the jawbone lenses are compatible for cutting lenses for the juliet. The jawbone lenses i saw have a jagged edge(see pic), are they big enough inspite of the jagged edge, to cut out lenses for the juliets?
cheers

View attachment 375865
Yes, vented or non-vented jawbones can be used without vents creeping into the cut. If you use an ordinary vented lens, it will be a tight fit. If you use a lens with large etchings e.g. 30 year anniversary or Tour de France, then part of the etching will be left in your finished product as per @Hitech Vojtech.

Is there a lenses that you can use to make a Ten X

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Hi. Go here List of Frame and Lens Dimensions & Size to check donor lens dimensions.

Your ten x lens size is 61 mm x 40.5 mm.

As far as I know, no one has tried cutting for Ten X. Certainly, no one has reported success with it here on O.F. So if you do something, let us know how you go.

I noticed on Amazon, there were 24k lenses available still.

Anything larger would probably fit, but you have to make sure that the base curvature is the same. If you pick a polarized or prizm lens, you'll need to make sure that the lenses are orientated correctly before cutting. Otherwise polarisation will be off.

Last edited:
Hi. Go here List of Frame and Lens Dimensions & Size to check donor lens dimensions.

Your ten x lens size is 61 mm x 40.5 mm.

As far as I know, no one has tried cutting for Ten X. Certainly, no one has reported success with it here on O.F. So if you do something, let us know how you go.

I noticed on Amazon, there were 24k lenses available still.

Anything larger would probably fit, but you have to make sure that the base curvature is the same. If you pick a polarized or prizm lens, you'll need to make sure that the lenses are orientated correctly before cutting. Otherwise polarisation will be off.
10-4 thanks. May look into fuse lenses which seems to have good reviews although I'd rather have oakley lenses.

10-4 thanks. May look into fuse lenses which seems to have good reviews although I'd rather have oakley lenses.

Update on the 24k lenses. I have looked on Amazon and eBay but haven't found any for the Ten's.

Update on the 24k lenses. I have looked on Amazon and eBay but haven't found any for the Ten's.

Sorry about that, when I was doing a search for dimensions, I saw it in the corner of my eye. I rechecked, you're right. There's only replacement lenses for sale, not OEM.

Post adjusted.

Back