• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

differences between mag switch and mag four?

karasugenji

I should Work at Oakley
hi, as o-review is down for a while i couldn't get information about these two models even here.
Can anyone is kind enough to compare them and share the differences in details ?

I wouldnt call it ugly af, however, switch is superior. Also Mag 4 is pretty tiny. If you have large face it wont look or fit right.

4A3DC194-BC8F-4202-8BBF-A983C717258C.jpeg
692E6EE0-DBCE-4073-8753-4F6054E6C050.jpeg

Mag 4 o. 4 S has a solid frame and a clamped Orbital with a screw to change lenses.
Mag Switch has a flex coupler bridge that needs to be serviced just like X Metal. And no orbital screw to change lenses.
Changing lenses and servicing the bridge can be a challenging.
Rubber are super hard to find for both.
Me personally stay away from both.
Currently I own a Carbon 4S that will be up for sale soon.

Mag 4 o. 4 S has a solid frame and a clamped Orbital with a screw to change lenses.
Mag Switch has a flex coupler bridge that needs to be serviced just like X Metal. And no orbital screw to change lenses.
Changing lenses and servicing the bridge can be a challenging.
Rubber are super hard to find for both.
Me personally stay away from both.
Currently I own a Carbon 4S that will be up for sale soon.
Thank you for sharing your opinion. I heard that mag Switch don't age very well and are fragile.

Mag Switch(es) need Babying, So best to Wear only in Spring/Autumn when you are least likely to sweat, Avoid using Suntan Cream & Hair Gel if at all possible if you intend wearing them. And Clean the Frames down with an Anti bacterial wipe/allowing them to dry before you put them back in Bag/Display Cabinet.

Never had a Mag Four, As they as others allude to are Ugly/Small. But i imagine the same rules apply.

Mag Switch(es) need Babying, So best to Wear only in Spring/Autumn when you are least likely to sweat, Avoid using Suntan Cream & Hair Gel if at all possible if you intend wearing them. And Clean the Frames down with an Anti bacterial wipe/allowing them to dry before you put them back in Bag/Display Cabinet.

Never had a Mag Four, As they as others allude to are Ugly/Small. But i imagine the same rules apply.
japan has lot of humidity so i'm afraid it will not last long time here

Back