• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

eBay horror story

• Thread starter Sc'O'user
  • Start date
Seems odd ebay holds you responsible though you can show you shipped. I have made the opposite experience as a recipient. The seller could show he had shipped but it never arrived. Ebay/Paypal decided it was my problem.

(Eventually I did get refunded because he had shipped uninsured and I was able to show that we agreed on insured.)

Yes, I agree, but ebay seller protection isn't worth the paper it's written on, I'm astounded at how quickly they have sided with the buyer and refunded him.

Hey @Sc'O'user been there many times. Certain countries are just more of a risk.

Brazil and Philippines come to mind as top risks. If you are shipping to or from, safest shipping is suggested. Saving a few dollars by buying cheap shipping isn't worth it.

Honestly, anything outside of the US is rksy for most of US. I am looking at other options for international shipping providers. There are brokers out there, if you do enough business, the cost is worth it. Keep everyone posted

Hey @Sc'O'user been there many times. Certain countries are just more of a risk.

Brazil and Philippines come to mind as top risks. If you are shipping to or from, safest shipping is suggested. Saving a few dollars by buying cheap shipping isn't worth it.

Honestly, anything outside of the US is rksy for most of US. I am looking at other options for international shipping providers. There are brokers out there, if you do enough business, the cost is worth it. Keep everyone posted
Just so everybody knows; Norway, Sweden and Germany are wonderful places to ship to and from with over 100 packages in Corona times with Zero problems from my end back and forth from the States. In fact I’ve never lost a package in 40 years living all over Europe and sending to the US and back. If it hadn’t been you brothers my collection wouldn’t be anywhere near as good. Like everyone says Brazil and most of Asia I wouldn’t be comfortable with. But Japan has been great!

Just so everybody knows; Norway, Sweden and Germany are wonderful places to ship to and from with over 100 packages in Corona times with Zero problems from my end back and forth from the States. In fact I’ve never lost a package in 40 years living all over Europe and sending to the US and back. If it hadn’t been you brothers my collection wouldn’t be anywhere near as good. Like everyone says Brazil and most of Asia I wouldn’t be comfortable with. But Japan has been great!
This is the first time I have had an issue while sending a parcel, I've sent parcels to almost every country on the planet, I always send tracked and signed and on occasion tracking hasn't been updated to show it has been delivered but those buyers have always been in touch to let me know they have received it, I'm torn between this buyer just being impatient or the parcel has been delivered, tracking not being updated and him deciding to burn me..

This is the first time I have had an issue while sending a parcel, I've sent parcels to almost every country on the planet, I always send tracked and signed and on occasion tracking hasn't been updated to show it has been delivered but those buyers have always been in touch to let me know they have received it, I'm torn between this buyer just being impatient or the parcel has been delivered, tracking not being updated and him deciding to burn me..
Did you insure it?

signature is meaningless once it leaves your country.

I’m thinking it’s the buyer being a little impatient. At least I would hope he’s not trying to burn you. I have an International letter that arrived in Norway three weeks ago and I still haven’t gotten it. And it’s only an hour away. With these Covid times you can expect huge delays and shortage of workers. Also I’ve had tracking not being updated but it was delivered to me.
I don’t know dude. It’s sucks for sure.

I understand guys, and thanks for all the messages, I'm hoping the buyer isn't trying to burn me? but again, the way he has gone about things leads me to believe he is. The thread was initially started to warn you guys about him that is why I added his name and eBay username in case he tries to buy from you, he did mention in a message I received that he is a member of our community.
I was also hoping he may have responded to explain his intentions but if he is a member his silence is deafening...

Latest Posts

Back