• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake EB 3ds

Funky stop arse kissing. Rvf lied about his sw protos to hype the sale so his rep is only as good as that. Not sore about these at all. Stay w frogs in your league

All pairs were supposed to be given away not sure why eb would reneg on that declaration.

EASTERN BOARDER LEOMINSTER: VERY LTD OAKLEY FROGSKINS says you cant buy them there.

No one thinks you faked the letter rvf, not that it would have been hard though.

In regards to the lenses that is easily faked. I put together a set myself. Same base and everything. Per soulfuls suggestion it would make sense that they had extra parts and why the lenses were reversed.

Last edited:
You can win one of six....its just the way its phrased

It also explicitly states you cant buy them. Did you overlook that portion?

You can win one of six....its just the way its phrased

It also explicitly states you cant buy them. Did you overlook that portion?

0afc2d379b2deab6b5c4dc5dae95df43--funny-memes-funny-****.jpg

Funky stop arse kissing. Rvf lied about his sw protos to hype the sale so his rep is only as good as that. Not sore about these at all. Stay w frogs in your league

All pairs were supposed to be given away not sure why eb would reneg on that declaration.

EASTERN BOARDER LEOMINSTER: VERY LTD OAKLEY FROGSKINS says you cant buy them there.

No one thinks you faked the letter rvf, not that it would have been hard though.

In regards to the lenses that is easily faked. I put together a set myself. Same base and everything. Per soulfuls suggestion it would make sense that they had extra parts and why the lenses were reversed.

As already mentioned my listing for the Blue Chrome - Blue Shaun White Frogskin stated "allegedly made in a sub 5 quantity", you are basing that remark on me telling a lie to hype the sale which is obviously not correct. The information put forward over time is that very few were made, although I doubt anyone can give a factual precise number, however, I have seen information suggesting such a low number were manufactured, thus by stating a quantity that "allegedly" exists is not lying about it. Copious times people have stated a quantity of glasses were made which may not be exact (as is the case with numbered pieces) but if someone making a claim is within reason of an estimated production number but not 100% precise, it is not a given that they are aiming to deceive. As I have also explained the photo you sent of the four pairs of the Blue Chrome SW did not reveal the icons, the only discernible difference between this and the more common +Red pair, yet you claim this is "photographic proof" of these being the rarer glass which is not so, and at least one of these appears to have a +Red lens anyway, so they could all be the alternative version (24-145) for all I know. Even if they were the rare one, I cannot see how that can translate to any justification I was misinforming people of the piece I was offering. You then claim my reputation is "as good as that" reference your belief I was not being truthful, yet I have 100% + ebay feedback, and have so far offloaded 587 pairs of Oakley in 3+ years without contention.
Regards the EB 3D, you have stated "I was bidding until a savvy collector pointed out the incorrect lenses", the result being that due to this the course of action was for you to assume I was selling a fake and sought to draw the attention of Forum members to this by making a 'Fake EB 3ds' thread. It would have been reasonable for you to contact me via the ebay messaging service to explain why the lenses on my pair were different to the configuration on the internet image pair, I could then have sent you all the emails I have paper copies of to explain this. This could have resulted in your continued interest in the pair and have avoided posting this very accusing thread, which, paradoxically, concerns at it's core most probably the most authenticated, genuine, and proven pair that exists of the 6.
May I suggest...and this is a 'suggestion', that your animosity towards me over time 'may' stem from your own assertion that a Yellow - Blue EB Frogskin you had and claimed to be genuine, was challenged by myself to be real, and when I called upon the help of Tabor Coates of EB he denied they had it or that it was part of their collaboration with Oakley. This I feel upset you, and 'perhaps', as soon as there was a glimmer of opportunity to discredit me you took the option to post this thread. I hope I have come through this episode with provision of information about a rare Frogskin, and confirmed I am an honest person, collector, and seller. There is also no need to discredit others who may have posted some positive remarks about myself, they are, like you, voicing an opinion and are perhaps offering a defence of something they believe to be true.

As already mentioned my listing for the Blue Chrome - Blue Shaun White Frogskin stated "allegedly made in a sub 5 quantity", you are basing that remark on me telling a lie to hype the sale which is obviously not correct. The information put forward over time is that very few were made, although I doubt anyone can give a factual precise number, however, I have seen information suggesting such a low number were manufactured, thus by stating a quantity that "allegedly" exists is not lying about it. Copious times people have stated a quantity of glasses were made which may not be exact (as is the case with numbered pieces) but if someone making a claim is within reason of an estimated production number but not 100% precise, it is not a given that they are aiming to deceive. As I have also explained the photo you sent of the four pairs of the Blue Chrome SW did not reveal the icons, the only discernible difference between this and the more common +Red pair, yet you claim this is "photographic proof" of these being the rarer glass which is not so, and at least one of these appears to have a +Red lens anyway, so they could all be the alternative version (24-145) for all I know. Even if they were the rare one, I cannot see how that can translate to any justification I was misinforming people of the piece I was offering. You then claim my reputation is "as good as that" reference your belief I was not being truthful, yet I have 100% + ebay feedback, and have so far offloaded 587 pairs of Oakley in 3+ years without contention.
Regards the EB 3D, you have stated "I was bidding until a savvy collector pointed out the incorrect lenses", the result being that due to this the course of action was for you to assume I was selling a fake and sought to draw the attention of Forum members to this by making a 'Fake EB 3ds' thread. It would have been reasonable for you to contact me via the ebay messaging service to explain why the lenses on my pair were different to the configuration on the internet image pair, I could then have sent you all the emails I have paper copies of to explain this. This could have resulted in your continued interest in the pair and have avoided posting this very accusing thread, which, paradoxically, concerns at it's core most probably the most authenticated, genuine, and proven pair that exists of the 6.
May I suggest...and this is a 'suggestion', that your animosity towards me over time 'may' stem from your own assertion that a Yellow - Blue EB Frogskin you had and claimed to be genuine, was challenged by myself to be real, and when I called upon the help of Tabor Coates of EB he denied they had it or that it was part of their collaboration with Oakley. This I feel upset you, and 'perhaps', as soon as there was a glimmer of opportunity to discredit me you took the option to post this thread. I hope I have come through this episode with provision of information about a rare Frogskin, and confirmed I am an honest person, collector, and seller. There is also no need to discredit others who may have posted some positive remarks about myself, they are, like you, voicing an opinion and are perhaps offering a defence of something they believe to be true.

EAD62F5B-DDE5-46DA-8F67-93557D7BAB7D-14112-00000D4DE6547650.jpeg

Back