• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holy Grail?!?!?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well a lot can be considered a “grail” depending on what you like. My personal preference is “ALWAYS” to have a matching pair serial and box the rest is irrelevant to me.

It can be omatters, x metal, cocepts studios (my cotton candies lol) etc.
Or having 3 pair of the same set of windows:rolleyes:o_O;)

The problem with grail lists...

when I put up that I am looking for the last "Holy Grail" something else that I don't have comes out of the woodwork!

For xmetals, I think a general Hard to get list would be:

Polished/Slate R2 Ichiro SIg
Boxed Complete Carbon Ruby Juliet
Serialized xmetal/grey Half-X

Some that are I guess easier but only because I have 'em:
Carbon OO Blue Ichiro Juliet
Plasma BI AMG 55 Juliet
JBR Complete Juliet
First 100 with XL-XM Presentation Box "Jordan Romeo"
Emerald Mars

Something like this: The 9 OEM Juliet frame finishes

Or this: イチロー complete

I'm more interested in goals than grails, you see, though I guess some of those pairs were grails at the time - it's just that later they became milestones instead.

When @cacatman said the purple and blue Juliets were "released", it was a bit misleading - they escaped more than were released really! No boxes with something like those prototypes, which makes the provenance all important - I'd be wary of making something like that a grail without being able to provide absolutely watertight proof.

I'm more interested in goals than grails, you see, though I guess some of those pairs were grails at the time - it's just that later they became milestones instead.

When @cacatman said the purple and blue Juliets were "released", it was a bit misleading - they escaped more than were released really! No boxes with something like those prototypes, which makes the provenance all important - I'd be wary of making something like that a grail without being able to provide absolutely watertight proof.

I have to say that when JJ signed my Purple Juliet at RED and said he DID recall the custom color program at Dayton that I had heard enough to validate......even w/o a box or COA his word was plenty.

973af894a2746930aeed67b690125c3a.jpg

I have to say that when JJ signed my Purple Juliet at RED and said he DID recall the custom color program at Dayton that I had heard enough to validate......even w/o a box or COA his word was plenty.

View attachment 528942
I'd say that's better proof than a certificate of authenticity that anyone can knock up. I believe the provenance of the coloured Juliets and @mjt42's Penny is the same in each case too.

I'd say that's better proof than a certificate of authenticity that anyone can knock up. I believe the provenance of the coloured Juliets and @mjt42's Penny is the same in each case too.

The 3 original Purple Juliets AND the blue Penny are from the same seller......sorry @mjt42 for calling that out openly but isn't it about time people here just realize these protos are REAL and NOT a garage custom job? I had a lengthy conversation with the seller and was also given much more in depth info than anyone realizes.....@mjt42 knows what I am talking about. ;)

Last edited:

Will correct!!!

Back