• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holy Grail?!?!?

The problem with grail lists...

when I put up that I am looking for the last "Holy Grail" something else that I don't have comes out of the woodwork!

For xmetals, I think a general Hard to get list would be:

Polished/Slate R2 Ichiro SIg
Boxed Complete Carbon Ruby Juliet
Serialized xmetal/grey Half-X

Some that are I guess easier but only because I have 'em:
Carbon OO Blue Ichiro Juliet
Plasma BI AMG 55 Juliet
JBR Complete Juliet
First 100 with XL-XM Presentation Box "Jordan Romeo"
Emerald Mars

Something like this: The 9 OEM Juliet frame finishes

Or this: イチロー complete

I'm more interested in goals than grails, you see, though I guess some of those pairs were grails at the time - it's just that later they became milestones instead.

When @cacatman said the purple and blue Juliets were "released", it was a bit misleading - they escaped more than were released really! No boxes with something like those prototypes, which makes the provenance all important - I'd be wary of making something like that a grail without being able to provide absolutely watertight proof.

I'm more interested in goals than grails, you see, though I guess some of those pairs were grails at the time - it's just that later they became milestones instead.

When @cacatman said the purple and blue Juliets were "released", it was a bit misleading - they escaped more than were released really! No boxes with something like those prototypes, which makes the provenance all important - I'd be wary of making something like that a grail without being able to provide absolutely watertight proof.

I have to say that when JJ signed my Purple Juliet at RED and said he DID recall the custom color program at Dayton that I had heard enough to validate......even w/o a box or COA his word was plenty.

973af894a2746930aeed67b690125c3a.jpg

I have to say that when JJ signed my Purple Juliet at RED and said he DID recall the custom color program at Dayton that I had heard enough to validate......even w/o a box or COA his word was plenty.

View attachment 528942
I'd say that's better proof than a certificate of authenticity that anyone can knock up. I believe the provenance of the coloured Juliets and @mjt42's Penny is the same in each case too.

I'd say that's better proof than a certificate of authenticity that anyone can knock up. I believe the provenance of the coloured Juliets and @mjt42's Penny is the same in each case too.

The 3 original Purple Juliets AND the blue Penny are from the same seller......sorry @mjt42 for calling that out openly but isn't it about time people here just realize these protos are REAL and NOT a garage custom job? I had a lengthy conversation with the seller and was also given much more in depth info than anyone realizes.....@mjt42 knows what I am talking about. ;)

Last edited:

Will correct!!!

isn't it about time people here just realize these protos are REAL and NOT a garage custom job? ;)
You misread (or at least misunderstood) my post if that is directed at me - I am aware of the provenance of them and that is the sort of provenance needed that I was referring to.

Back