• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to Remove Scratches Without Polishing a Watch?

The steel wool OOO for removing light scratches and cape cod polish cloth to get that nice smooth finish after . This is the best 1-2 punch combo for me!!! Keep my hollowpoint looking brand new for 3 year now.

So this thread has detailed how to remove light scuffs and scratches on bands similar to MM or time bombs but what can be done on polished bands such as the judge and judge 2 bands?

So this thread has detailed how to remove light scuffs and scratches on bands similar to MM or time bombs but what can be done on polished bands such as the judge and judge 2 bands?

Our dear departed digi7alph0enix may no longer be on the forum, but he still lives in the real world. He recently picked up a beat-up polished TB and restored the finish with a dremel, felt wheel, and polishing paste. Should work as well with the SS Judge bands as the Ti TB ones...

Our dear departed digi7alph0enix may no longer be on the forum, but he still lives in the real world. He recently picked up a beat-up polished TB and restored the finish with a dremel, felt wheel, and polishing paste. Should work as well with the SS Judge bands as the Ti TB ones...

He's still got some work to go, especially on the clasp, but this was after just like five minutes of work...

beforeafter1.jpg

beforeafter2.jpg

For brushed steel finishes:

Satin / Steel Refinishing Pad – WatchObsession

For an even cheaper version, try a Scotch-Brite pad and go lighly on it. Ive used one of these on a Tag Heuer and Omega clasp and it worked perfectly. Some have already mentioned tips on how to do this properly, one way, same direction each time (not back n' forth rubbing).
Also did a full strap on a Seiko, .......came up perfect :)

Anybody got a solution for scratches on my Bullet watch or the Crush please?(other sending off to the X-Man)......I'm guessing not...

Back