• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to Remove Scratches Without Polishing a Watch?

If the scratch is deep, start with #000 (extra fine) steel wool. Make sure to move in the direction of the finish. Once the scratch starts to disappear/blend in the surrounding material, switch to #0000 (super fine) steel wool. Always start with light brushes then gradually apply more pressure if needed. With typical and light desk dives, you can go straight to #0000 (super fine). Should work like a charm!

Or like what @qtrain23 has elaborated earlier on lol.

Dammit.

I've got this soda can here. Can someone give me directions on how to open it please?

Sorry. I just had to do that. :)

Not sure on a can, but for a bottle I just use my eye socket. Instructions: put bottle in eye socket. 'Pop' top off. Done. If after you've done it, you can no longer see in 3 dimensions you just need some 0000 steel wool for your retina and you should then be fine.

Not sure on a can, but for a bottle I just use my eye socket. Instructions: put bottle in eye socket. 'Pop' top off. Done. If after you've done it, you can no longer see in 3 dimensions you just need some 0000 steel wool for your retina and you should then be fine.
Do you have an exact amount of pounds of pressure that needs to be applies when you place the bottle in the eye socket? Wanna make sure I don't crack the bottle. ;)

Do you have an exact amount of pounds of pressure that needs to be applies when you place the bottle in the eye socket? Wanna make sure I don't crack the bottle. ;)

I would recommend most as long as they only use 1 hand they should be fine, but for you MAX thumb and 1 finger. Anything else could risk major damage to that poor bottle.

Thanks for ur useful info @qtrain23 ;)
Will theserefinishing scratch removal pens work as well?
Have u tried them?

View attachment 226614

I have one of those, from the same seller you quoted later. It does work, though it's better for detail areas than large surfaces.

The white tip is fiberglass. The instructions say to first extend it by 1/4" and break the tip from a solid stick into brush-like fibers against a table or something, but when I tried that it just kept popping off the metal collar. Instead I used needlenose pliers to crush the tip until it was brush-like. You then retract the tip to 1/8" and brush away the scratch, stroking with the grain direction of the original brushed finish.

You're better off with steel wool in most cases. Cheaper, too. But it works for tight areas where you'd be afraid of accidentally scratching something you don't want to with steel wool, such as polished pushers...

I have one of those, from the same seller you quoted later. It does work, though it's better for detail areas than large surfaces.

The white tip is fiberglass. The instructions say to first extend it by 1/4" and break the tip from a solid stick into brush-like fibers against a table or something, but when I tried that it just kept popping off the metal collar. Instead I used needlenose pliers to crush the tip until it was brush-like. You then retract the tip to 1/8" and brush away the scratch, stroking with the grain direction of the original brushed finish.

You're better off with steel wool in most cases. Cheaper, too. But it works for tight areas where you'd be afraid of accidentally scratching something you don't want to with steel wool, such as polished pushers...
Thanks very much for all the uselful info man.Which grade steel wool have u found more effective? 000 or 0000?

Back