• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hurricane florence

Chris515000

On the way back!
South Carolina
Well hurricane florence is heading our way. Blue dot is me. Track shifted last night putting us on the eastern side of the eye wall which is bad! This bad girl is expected to be a catagory 4 when it hits! We are around 100 miles from myrtle beach so we will get winds around 100 mph. Last time we had a really bad storm was Hugo in 89! I'm sending prayers for all around my area!

SmartSelect_20180912-052803_The Weather Channel.jpg

SmartSelect_20180912-052711_The Weather Channel.jpg

Plus the ground is already saturated if your area is anything like mine up here in Western NC. We had 20 inches of rain in August. Downed trees could be a big issue. Prayers for you @Chris515000 and everyone down east.

Having gone through this last year I'm hoping for the best for you. PLEASE Chris stay safe. If your home area is vulnerable to flooding my suggestion is that you leave. And the winds are not laughing matter.

Also make sure any cracks and such around windows are sealed, caulked, etc. Water, especially when driven horizontally at 140mph will get anywhere and it WILL find its way everywhere. Believe me it's not a pretty sight.

Also be prepared mentally that this is a long haul thing. For us last year winds started picking up around 1-2 am, started getting scary around 6am, insane at 10 through 1pm and it wasn't until around 4 pm when it felt ok.

Be well friend. Stay safe and keep us posted.

(I have close family in SC but they are farther inland from you byGreenville)

Back