• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet - Steal or quality fake?

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
I almost bid on these but decided not to. I'm not an X-Metal expert, but have become generally familiar with them and read several threads on the ways to spot fakes.

So, were these a legit steal, or a quality fake?

Sharp Metal Frame Sunglasses Rayban Oakley Coasta | eBay

At first glance, the orbitals seem right, with an actual gasket. The other rubber pieces seem right also. The hinges seem about right. The biggest red flag was the tips of the stems curving outward, which I've learned is one of the biggest signs of a fake. Also, while hard to tell for sure, it seems like the nose bridge rivets might actually be screws (see final pic for what appears to be slotted screw). However, the seller has 100% feedback on eBay with some X-Metal sales previously. His other auction for a Juliet seems legit also.

Fake, you hit all of the signs on the head. The jet intakes are also a little chunky and the bridge has the wrong contours.

Fake!
coupler dont seem to have a gap w/ the orbital as mentioned already..the angle of the orbital gasket..and the tip should be straight..

I'm the furthest thing from an XMetal expert but I also noticed that the part where the ear stem connects to the rubber piece by the orbital is HUMUNGOUS !!!!

and yes, the nose bridge has little to no gap....

It appears this seller must have known they were fake, as he is selling a real pair on his account now starting at $315

Back