• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Loose Brand-New OCP Radar EV Arms? Help!

santmyre

Oakley Enthusiast
Indiana
Hello Oakley forum brotha’s. I need some advice or help. I received this OCP Radar EV on the 27th or so of October. I noticed right out the box one of the arms was pretty loose. Loose to the point I can hold them by the nose and it flops. I included pictures of the arm moving under it’s own weight/gravity.

What are my options? For $253 I want a tight pair of shades. Considering my other OCP pair have been daily drivers for 6 months are the arms are super tight. So tight they still squeak when you open them. Am I being too picky?

Will Oakley honor it and fix them? What are my options? I just need help from someone a little more experienced than me.

(The photos are of the same arm)
762B249D-383B-4DBB-85E5-AFC76669126F.jpeg

4214BB12-4238-4D42-A7D3-2DFFDC2D69E4.jpeg

It's a QC shortcoming. I'd try to have that corrected as well.

If they're still literally assembled in USA, I'd be pretty annoyed. Like someone had to be aware of that, and they just let it go. "Oh, maybe the end customer won't notice. Maybe he's never had an Oakley and he's paying discount so his expectations must be low. Either way I doubt he'll come after us over this. Can't wait to get this crap over with and dank tf out in my basement" — that's right. Someone in California or Atlanta, on the assembly line, must've thought less of you when he/she was putting these together. Thought you weren't worth the extra minute of checking for a tighter pair, or figuring out one way or another (even if it meant delay) to set you up with one.

I would be mad as s*** not because of the failure to execute, but the likely mindset behind it. It's like working for Fruit of the Loom and sending someone underwear with a brown stain and a hole up front, and thinking that is perfectly fine as if that's what the end customer is good for. Don't let Lux do this to you. They're trying to degrade you and your standards. You paid for the best, you better go get the best. They just gave you the short straw and think you're gonna be cool drinking your milkshake with it buried under. New car with 3 wheels. Electrical work with chewed up wires — they are perfectly fine with your house and family going up in flames. Holy s*** I would be livid as f*** when I call CS or walk into the O-Store. Can you believe this bulls***. Going forward with your loose-hinge frame, like continuing down the street when they see someone getting mugged in an alley.

Despicable. Demand an exchange, future discount for the inconvenience, and the name of the motherf***er who gave you this bulls***.

It's a QC shortcoming. I'd try to have that corrected as well.

If they're still literally assembled in USA, I'd be pretty annoyed. Like someone had to be aware of that, and they just let it go. "Oh, maybe the end customer won't notice. Maybe he's never had an Oakley and he's paying discount so his expectations must be low. Either way I doubt he'll come after us over this. Can't wait to get this crap over with and dank tf out in my basement" — that's right. Someone in California or Atlanta, on the assembly line, must've thought less of you when he/she was putting these together. Thought you weren't worth the extra minute of checking for a tighter pair, or figuring out one way or another (even if it meant delay) to set you up with one.

I would be mad as s*** not because of the failure to execute, but the likely mindset behind it. It's like working for Fruit of the Loom and sending someone underwear with a brown stain and a hole up front, and thinking that is perfectly fine as if that's what the end customer is good for. Don't let Lux do this to you. They're trying to degrade you and your standards. You paid for the best, you better go get the best. They just gave you the short straw and think you're gonna be cool drinking your milkshake with it buried under. New car with 3 wheels. Electrical work with chewed up wires — they are perfectly fine with your house and family going up in flames. Holy s*** I would be livid as f*** when I call CS or walk into the O-Store. Can you believe this bulls***. Going forward with your loose-hinge frame, like continuing down the street when they see someone getting mugged in an alley.

Despicable. Demand an exchange, future discount for the inconvenience, and the name of the motherf***er who gave you this bulls***.
I emailed them. But I'm also calling on Monday. It sounds picky af I know. But when I'm literally overpaying like a mf for a Custom I kinda want my stuff not to flop around. If it had been a retail pair I got for like 50% off I'd let it slide. But this is annoying. I'm way too OCD type to let it go. Lol

Agreed.
If I'm paying $250+ for a piece of Chinese plastic, it better be an awesome piece of Chinese plastic...
I mean, I agree the materials are not even in the same universe as the price they charge. But they aren't plastic in the same sense as a toy or something.

They emailed me back. They must have misunderstood me in the email. They created a full refund on the order for some reason. I told them NO I want the pair I have either fixed or the frame replaced... Im calling tomorrow.

Back