• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Mariener Lens Info/Owner’s Page

They look promising...

Not as Matte as Dillon NIR though - they give the appearance of a Dillon Active lens that no one really cares about...

These lenses do look pretty cool though - the red lens in a clear Frog or clear Holbrook would look delicious...

Welcome to the forum...

The guy on the right and bottom has the right idea!

03E92427-82E8-44D1-A2B2-28CD8C8C8E18.png

Kind of looks like a Matte DWB lol :)

Yep, I do agree the lenses aren’t as matte as a Dillon but they come in far more color choices, so it’s a trade off. At the end, it’s an option which is what makes it great - choice is a good thing.

Plus, I think these lenses can fit in a frogskin. Someone may want to look into that.

Hey Guys, I actually came across this activity by I believe a member from this forum who send us an email. I would have refrained from posting an appreciative post if there wasn't already a mentioning of Mariener, FYI. I am aware that lenses are being modified to fit frames from other brands.

View attachment 449271

At the moment our Matte Reflective Lenses are only available for our Melange frame, which is a small to medium size, very resilient and quite basic actually, which is part the charm. The effect is created by a variety of coatings. The base lens depends on the frame style, but these particular ones are 6C, 2mm thick and 73mm in diameter, the actual cut is roughly 45mm in height and 55mm at their max for our frames. I'll need to check what the anti scratch results were for this prior badge but they rack up some pretty good miles. I have them thrown in my car for a couple of months now and there are, as far as I can tell, no noticeable scratches.

We plan on bringing these lenses to our other frames as well, quite possibly go further with this in the future depending on the interest and response from our customers. We are a small brand, active for over 6 years now, trying to bring any form of improvement throughout the years without sacrificing on price.

To give a direct answer regarding blanks, no, im afraid we will not be offering these as blanks.

And honestly I have no problem with anyone using our products even if they only use them for the lenses, or the screws that hold each of the parts together.

If there are any questions please let me know, i'll try to answer them with as much respect for Oakley, or any other brand out there and not start a turf war here ;)

Don’t worry about a turf war with that other brand. It’s on my shīt list right now and I hope it gets what it deserves.

Yep, I do agree the lenses aren’t as matte as a Dillon but they come in far more color choices,
So a colored lens that isn’t really matte, is just......a colored lens ??

There are plenty colored aftermarket lenses out there...

We know where to go if we want “real matte” :)

So a colored lens that isn’t really matte, is just......a colored lens ??

There are plenty colored aftermarket lenses out there...

We know where to go if we want “real matte” :)

They're undeniably matte - there can be varying degrees of matte finishing. It isn't an on/off switch.

This video, for example:

One can clearly see they're matte. Dillon struggles to make colors other than silver and black appear matte as well, which is evident in their blue lenses and I believe was brought up on forums here too.

They're undeniably matte - there can be varying degrees of matte finishing. It isn't an on/off switch.
If you can see reflections in them (like, if you can count how many people there are in the reflection, it says not matte)...

If you wanna see “true matte”, hop over to the Dillon thread ;)

Back