• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars C-Clip Removal - Needle Pliers Question

You could also take the Mars to a grinder and get rid of those posts all together. I've seen that method work pretty well with nose pads. Surgical clamps are another way to apply just the right amount of pressure to hold the posts together and since they lock at graduated intervals it frees up your hands to work with the new clips. If you clamp the posts together you may have more play in the old clip to spread it apart since the clip won't be holding the rim together by itself. Guaranteed if they are original they will snap easily saving you a lot of grief.

You could also take the Mars to a grinder and get rid of those posts all together. I've seen that method work pretty well with nose pads. Surgical clamps are another way to apply just the right amount of pressure to hold the posts together and since they lock at graduated intervals it frees up your hands to work with the new clips. If you clamp the posts together you may have more play in the old clip to spread it apart since the clip won't be holding the rim together by itself. Guaranteed if they are original they will snap easily saving you a lot of grief.
Absolutely, I can't wait to get my grinder and really go to town on all my metals, heck, I'll fix up my Rx pair as well! I've heard it's super comfortable (well, at least that's what I read on the internet, and they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true!) :grin:

Latest Posts

Back