• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MVP BXTR metal

after much trying, deleting caches and cookies and using VPN managed to get the link to work and changed it to get on the UK site, and were still in stock on there (although would only let me order one so from previous posts they could have been the last!)

Thanks for all the help, I've email Oakley UK (yet again) complaining that I still get no emails about new releases. Sure they'll ignore it again

Especially annoying because I have deliberately not purchased several models because I'm convinced there will be MVP versions in the future and I only want one of those models (BXTR's regular or metal, hydra etc)
I totally understand but in this case the MVP version does not look to be outshining the evaluate especially the 24K version. Them are Swwweeeeeet! From the looks of these so far my MVP will be going back. No color change, no way! Haha.

I totally understand but in this case the MVP version does not look to be outshining the evaluate especially the 24K version. Them are Swwweeeeeet! From the looks of these so far my MVP will be going back. No color change, no way! Haha.
I just buy ‘em because they’re MVP’s and I have the rest. Personally I think these glasses (all colours) look awful

I just buy ‘em because they’re MVP’s and I have the rest. Personally I think these glasses (all colours) look awful
Wow OK you are definitely their target MVP client. “They look awful!” “Take my money”

Since we are being honest here I would say most of the MVP line look awful and that’s why I haven’t purchased many. And often I purchase to try them out and return them. I think the only ones I ever kept were because I had a 40% coupon and they actually work for MVP.

Wow OK you are definitely their target MVP client. “They look awful!” “Take my money”

Since we are being honest here I would say most of the MVP line look awful and that’s why I haven’t purchased many. And often I purchase to try them out and return them. I think the only ones I ever kept were because I had a 40% coupon and they actually work for MVP.
Yep definitely swallowed the pill, but I’m not going to have them all minus one pair. Not the only ones that look awful, the CMDN’s aren’t good

But then again I’ve got lots of regular pairs I wear daily but what percentage of people on here have “shelf whores”? Quite a big percentage I’d wager so what difference does it make if you don’t like them

Yep definitely swallowed the pill, but I’m not going to have them all minus one pair. Not the only ones that look awful, the CMDN’s aren’t good

But then again I’ve got lots of regular pairs I wear daily but what percentage of people on here have “shelf whores”? Quite a big percentage I’d wager so what difference does it make if you don’t like them
I guess for me, my shelf whores are high end typically and I don’t consider these or any of the MVPs to be in that category. More like a shelf street walker kinda thing. But I agree collecting is collecting and I would be in the same situation as you if I had started buying them all… when do you stop? How do you stop?

Mine just arrived this minute. These really seem like the cheapest lenses they could find. Prizm bronze is 20% less costly lens than anything else they sell. The color changing side plate? You can see the pics below, it does change color whether direct, indirect or no sunlight. But it’s a side plate so I don’t know if I really care. Should I?

I really thought my 24k and violet BXTR metals looked really cool. Nostalgic with the Oakley on the top and lens shape but modern with the enhancement they made including the frames and stems.

But now as @Pantster has stated maybe they all do look awful. LOL. Or maybe I’m just in a ****ty mood after a bad day of work but yeah not liking any of them today. Or maybe liking the cheap bronze, light plastic, gimmicky MVP ones best of the worst. I know “opinions are like *******s…” this post you can definitely finish that line and hold it true. Tomorrow will be different I am sure.

IMG_7192.jpeg

IMG_7191.jpeg

IMG_7190.jpeg

IMG_7193.jpeg

IMG_7195.jpeg

IMG_7198.jpeg

I honestly think they are a pretty solid release every mvp lately has been some boring color shift. About Time they switch it up. Color is neat, lens kind of boring but not common, and a cool icon. My only
Complaint is that the metal arm part should be matching the icon colorshift.

I honestly think they are a pretty solid release every mvp lately has been some boring color shift. About Time they switch it up. Color is neat, lens kind of boring but not common, and a cool icon. My only
Complaint is that the metal arm part should be matching the icon colorshift.
Thank God it wasn’t Prizm Road

Back