• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley fakes

Msgt Oakley

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Small town Pa
I know there is numerous sites that sell fakes, but Mercari was not like this years ago (ok, just a little bit) It’s very disgusting that sellers rip off innocent buyers of their hard earned money. You might say that’s their fault and they should have done more research. Still sad in my opinion. Some people have no morals or integrity.
IMG_0135.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg
IMG_0132.jpeg

I guess when glasses like these were selling for only $30 or less, the price alone said 'Fake'. But raise the price and start getting closer to retail, and it kinda seems more legitimate to the unknowing? The thing I liked about Ebay was I always got my money back when I bought a few fakes when I first started buying heavily. It helped to have real pairs to take comparison photos with. I'm 100% against scammers there on feebay. Not so here. Lol.

I think, originally, the lenses were the big indicator, plus the Icon text stickers. The worst multicoloured lenses in the history of optics. The crap nose-bridge Icon text(especially on ones which officially had none!). Or the Icon O in the bottom left corner, which hadn't been etched, unlike genuine pairs.

Back