• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why falling XMetal prices are bad.

This is a screenshot from Oakley.com in 97 when the Romeo came out. Notice how it mentions x metals are “all-metal” frames. It then describes how x metal is a combination of 5 metals heated at 3000 degrees.

Meaning, anything else is just a fauX-Metal

View attachment 1003359
I actually ran a mass spec analysis on some Juliet's. Its a standard grade Ti used in most industrial applications, where Ti is used. Nothing special about the titanium, its all about the design.

I actually ran a mass spec analysis on some Juliet's. Its a standard grade Ti used in most industrial applications, where Ti is used. Nothing special about the titanium, its all about the design.

Yes I remember your analysis and I don’t disagree. However, the bad man/madman weren’t made of anything remotely close to the materials and process Oakley described. I guarantee the O-matter in those fauX-Metals weren’t heated to 3000 degrees

Titanium itself is special oleman
C507F7DB-BE2B-443E-BF58-378EC94B4C27.gif

This is a screenshot from Oakley.com in 97 when the Romeo came out. Notice how it mentions x metals are “all-metal” frames. It then describes how x metal is a combination of 5 metals heated at 3000 degrees.

View attachment 1003359
Yup, the cheek of ****oxica to call Madman and Badman X-

View attachment 1003359
Yup, the cheek of ****ottica to call Madman and Badman X-Metal? Pffffftttt

Back