• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
How to stop lens peeling specially in fire iridium lenses ..it's a constant problem in fire iridium lenses.. I only use lens cleaning cloth.What should I use to stop it?
Common issue. Hair gel or hair products and sweat are typically the reason. Wash the lenses with the cleaner or warm soapy (mild soap) water to get the hair products off. Also stop putting the glasses on the top of your head when you walk into a building to minimize the lenses exposure to sweat and the products on your hair.

Can i use a lens after it's iridium coating is peeling at the centre of the lens... I don't know what caused this peeling of the iridium coating.. I never put my Oakleys on top of my head.. So there is no chance of getting hair gels or something like that.. I clean the lenses regularly.
I'd use it for as long as possible as long as your vision isn't affected or it does look bad aesthetically.

Common issue. Hair gel or hair products and sweat are typically the reason. Wash the lenses with the cleaner or warm soapy (mild soap) water to get the hair products off. Also stop putting the glasses on the top of your head when you walk into a building to minimize the lenses exposure to sweat and the products on your hair.

So what's the reasoning for those of us that are folliclly challenged???

I have the Oakley New Hybrid which I got several years ago. I noticed towards the bottom of lense in in the inside center a film has peeled off. Are the lenses still good for UV protection? I think I read somewhere that the UV protection is in the polycarbonate, not any film. Right?

Also, does anyone know how the size of this Hybrid compares to the M2 XL? I tried the standard issue M Frame currently offered by Oakley but this is a little too big.

The peeling on the inside of the lens is likely the AR (anti reflective) coating. This peeling will not affect the UV protection as that is built into the Plutonite lenses.

Hi, I am new to posting on the forum but I have been collecting Oakley's since 91'. Does anyone on here know whether Oakley had a problem with polarised lenses peeling/losing coating 2007-2012? Both my Radarlock XL and Jawbones have this issue but no other lenses have been affected. Both stored and cleaned the same as my other Oakleys.

Latest Posts

Back