• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

***Official 2018 College Football Thread***

Three reasons I disagree with you...

1) I don't think you can win the Heisman without playing in the fourth quarter all year
2) a large portion of Tua's stats were compiled vs teams like Mercer, LA Lafayette, Citadel, and historically awful teams in ole miss, Tennessee, arkansas, Louisville, and fsu. Now I am not defending big 12 defenses but Kyler's stats were more even amongst their competition and he played in competitive 4th quarters all year where his team needed him
3) Bama without Tua would still be undefeated through the regular season with Hurts as QB and he wouldn't have played 4th quarters either. Oklahoma would likely have at least 3 losses without Kyler!

Sad part about this whole debate is that Haskins had an amazing year and is relegated to obscurity behind Kyler and Tua. This was a year for QBs no doubt!
Those are very good points sir.

The talk all week revolved around expanding the cfp and unfortunately, consequently ucf. Expanding the playoff is in essence placing more importance on access rather than excellence! Some like to use ucf and their exclusion as an example of why it should be expanded. They say how can a team go undefeated but not even have the opportunity to play for a championship? Those same people bemoan the sec playing 8 conference games rather than 9 and they constantly begrudge the sec for scheduling fcs teams in lieu of power 5 fbs teams. How can they on one hand expect power 5 teams to play more power 5 opponents but then advocate for a group of 5 team to have a spot in the cfp when their entire conference schedule is group of 5 opponents?! Hypocrisy, that's how!! If ucf can 'earn' a playoff berth by playing 1 power 5 opponent and 11 group of 5 opponents then expect the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, etc to schedule more group of five opponents or fcs opponents. Its only logical. College football will suffer from this nonsense and we all will lose. You won't see home & home agreements like the one Georgia & ND have played recently or the one Georgia & Texas have contracted for the future.

Then you've got UCF refusing a 2 and 1 offer from Florida. Ha, they want in the club but they don't wanna pay admission. The arrogance and ego in Orlando is nauseating! Their lack of self awareness is hilarious. Boise St accepted 2 for 1 offers from numerous power 5 teams for years, and they won a lot of those games. They beat Georgia one year in ATL in the opener. That's how you get respect! TCU done the same thing. That's why they're respected now and got invited to join the big 12. UCF doesn't want to earn it, they just want it given to them. They're a great example of a 'millennial college football program'...self entitled whiney brats unwilling to put in the work.

The talk all week revolved around expanding the cfp and unfortunately, consequently ucf. Expanding the playoff is in essence placing more importance on access rather than excellence! Some like to use ucf and their exclusion as an example of why it should be expanded. They say how can a team go undefeated but not even have the opportunity to play for a championship? Those same people bemoan the sec playing 8 conference games rather than 9 and they constantly begrudge the sec for scheduling fcs teams in lieu of power 5 fbs teams. How can they on one hand expect power 5 teams to play more power 5 opponents but then advocate for a group of 5 team to have a spot in the cfp when their entire conference schedule is group of 5 opponents?! Hypocrisy, that's how!! If ucf can 'earn' a playoff berth by playing 1 power 5 opponent and 11 group of 5 opponents then expect the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State, etc to schedule more group of five opponents or fcs opponents. Its only logical. College football will suffer from this nonsense and we all will lose. You won't see home & home agreements like the one Georgia & ND have played recently or the one Georgia & Texas have contracted for the future.

Then you've got UCF refusing a 2 and 1 offer from Florida. Ha, they want in the club but they don't wanna pay admission. The arrogance and ego in Orlando is nauseating! Their lack of self awareness is hilarious. Boise St accepted 2 for 1 offers from numerous power 5 teams for years, and they won a lot of those games. They beat Georgia one year in ATL in the opener. That's how you get respect! TCU done the same thing. That's why they're respected now and got invited to join the big 12. UCF doesn't want to earn it, they just want it given to them. They're a great example of a 'millennial college football program'...self entitled whiney brats unwilling to put in the work.
Is a 2 and one offer like a home and home kind of deal? Or are the games only played on neutral sites?

I'm lost lol

Is a 2 and one offer like a home and home kind of deal? Or are the games only played on neutral sites?

I'm lost lol
2 and 1 means 2 at our place 1 at yours. The offer UF made was 2 at the swamp 1 in Orlando but at Camping World stadium not UCF's home stadium. That's a perfect opportunity for UCF to prove their worth vs a respected power 5 team. Plus it's an instate rival for recruiting. It's a fantastic opportunity for UCF. But the whiney little cowards turned it down! I have heard their ridiculous AD run his mouth all week about how the only way they'd take a 2 for 1 is if it was 2 for them and 1 for the power 5 program. That's just asinine!!!!! Hes a blowhard and their program is suffering because of his lack of leadership. Serious UCF alumni don't even take that national championship talk serious, they're getting tired of it. Play some damn body like Boise, Houston, TCU, and Louisville have ffs! Its beyond nauseating.....

2 and 1 means 2 at our place 1 at yours. The offer UF made was 2 at the swamp 1 in Orlando but at Camping World stadium not UCF's home stadium. That's a perfect opportunity for UCF to prove their worth vs a respected power 5 team. Plus it's an instate rival for recruiting. It's a fantastic opportunity for UCF. But the whiney little cowards turned it down! I have heard their ridiculous AD run his mouth all week about how the only way they'd take a 2 for 1 is if it was 2 for them and 1 for the power 5 program. That's just asinine!!!!! Hes a blowhard and they're program is suffering because of his lack of leadership. Serious UFC alumni don't even take that national championship talk serious, they're getting tired of it. Play some damn body like Boise, Houston, TCU, and Louisville have ffs! Its beyond nauseating.....
RAWR
Tell us how you really feel lol

I'm sure money is at the root of all of this. Sounds like the Knights would miss out on some kind of revenue?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RAWR
Tell us how you really feel lol

I'm sure money is at the root of all of this. Sounds like the Knights would miss out on some kind of revenue?

It ain't money, its hubris! Them clowns think they're something but they haven't proven **** consistently enough. Too much ego.....

It can be both money and hubris. Lol

You are really going in on UCF LMAO

I've had to listen to this crap ALL WEEK! It's been on every radio show and podcast. I'm just sick of the hypocrisy. Play some teams and beat em. The template exists, they just think they don't have to follow it. If they were put in a playoff game they would get MURDERED!! LSU's best defensive player isn't even going to play in the bowl game, they don't care, they're not invested....just like Auburn last year. I hated all this with Boise too but when they come to ATL and beat us I had to shut my mouth! They earned the respect they have. UCF hasn't done anything of genuine consequence to garner such respect.

What does rawr mean? I meant to ask but got busy ranting and raving, lol

I've had to listen to this crap ALL WEEK! It's been on every radio show and podcast. I'm just sick of the hypocrisy. Play some teams and beat em. The template exists, they just think they don't have to follow it. If they were put in a playoff game they would get MURDERED!! LSU's best defensive player isn't even going to play in the bowl game, they don't care, they're not invested....just like Auburn last year. I hated all this with Boise too but when they come to ATL and beat us I had to shut my mouth! They earned the respect they have. UCF hasn't done anything of genuine consequence to garner such respect.

What does rawr mean? I meant to ask but got busy ranting and raving, lol
I use the term as a roar.

Latest Posts

Back