• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

***Official 2018 College Football Thread***

Santino marchiol vs TAMU. And go.

I don't doubt rules were pushed or broken. I think every college does it. Just about who gets caught. I also think sumlin might have helped guide marchiol into reporting something so he could play right away. Sketchy from both sides.

The thing that sticks in my mind was when Armani watts transferred out. He was obviously going to start and his excuse was he didn't think he was going to get a fair chance at playing time. What was the real reason...

Last edited:
I'm always happy when negative news about a&m breaks or they otherwise suffer setbacks.

But looking at this one impartially, it highlights an implication of the new rules allowing an eligibility waiver. I mean, from all appearances it doesn't seem like Marchiol was out to whistleblow on a&m. All he wanted was a waiver to play immediately and not lose a year of eligibility. But the cause he had to show with the waiver revealed potential NCAA violations and may result in an investigation. I doubt that was the purpose of the rules allowing this waiver but it certainly is an effect that's likely to repeat in the future with other schools.

Still, though, all these various scandals seem to get the most attention in the off-season. Not like they only happen in the off-season, but you have a lot of hungry football fans with little else to talk about during the off-season so the scandals get more public attention and commentator lip service. I'm ready to focus on gameplay, personally.

I'm secretly a wyoming cowboys fan as a second team. They are scrappy and those classic helmets look good.

I used to see fresno state the same way. Seemed like they would lose 3 or 4 games, but they would always bring the wood and upset a big name school every year. One of those teams that you really didn't want to play even though your supposed to win big.

Latest Posts

Back