• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Poll to ask about Lopaka restarting his 'garage'

Should Lopaka Kamars be allowed to restart his DIY Garage

• No. Because he deleted his first garage and may do it again.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I could care less one way or the other. Not a no, so like a yes. Sort of.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Yes. But only if he promises to not delete his thread ever.

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters
I
What is a DIY garage?
I've been customizing my own glasses. Mainly X-metals. And I wanted to chronicle what I've done and how I did things. Maybe I can give inspiration for others to try things on their own, with some tips on how to do certain things. I'm all trial and error. And am always looking for tips and tricks to make hard jobs easier.

Work on Oakleys? Like customizing? Or a thread on building a garage yourself?
Working on mainly Oakley sunglasses. So far I've done mainly polishing and some anodizing. And am still working to perfect both. But I do plan on painting as well, and have already been practicing some (photos coming soon). I'm a total amateur and my work reflects that. But I'm hoping it will also show a progression as I fine tune what I'm doing.

Mahalo to all that have replied thus far. It looks like a yes. Perhaps I need to unblock some people so maybe I can get some opposing views. But, I'm 'not' a masochist.

il_794xN.1636331184_zty8.jpg

Last edited:
This is my garage. I live in a townhouse, and don't have any spare rooms. The garage is pretty much my area because the bulk of my tools, and assorted parts and materials, are in the garage. So it seemed logical to just pull out one or two cars, and set up a table or two. Someday I may show the whole garage. After I clean it up some. Lol.

IMG_2077.jpeg
IMG_2506.jpeg

This is my garage. I live in a townhouse, and don't have any spare rooms. The garage is pretty much my area because the bulk of my tools, and assorted parts and materials, are in the garage. So it seemed logical to just pull out one or two cars, and set up a table or two. Someday I may show the whole garage. After I clean it up some. Lol.

View attachment 846178View attachment 846179
Nice set up Robert.
PS. Looks clean compared to mine. :grin:

It's a dream of mine to have a garage where i could work on some stuff. Unfortunately i live in an apartment in NYC. Enjoy your garage brother, looking forward to seeing your custom work! 👍

Back