• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Pretty Crappy Forum Practice On Replacement Rubbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want to crap on that guy's recent sale thread, but I can't believe people would pay $100+ for a set of rubber.

Out of curiosity and pls. don't take this the wrong way, how many members were banned for scalping?

No one was banned but the discussion with that member took place which resulted in the pulling of the sale thread because the item was new currently available just out of stock. Most members will just pass by outrageous threads, it does amuse, anger, and make some members question why. But if we as true enthusiasts know the difference we will just ignore it. They actually are a available on eBay cheaper or if you have to know where to get them PM a member and they will point you to the solution.

Last edited:
To be black or white, yes, it is. There is still a higher standard held by most members, to pass things along at a reasonable price to others that will enjoy it. However, if you see a microbag for $100, it doesn't mean that all things have gone haywire and mutiny is on the horizon, it just means that you're going to keep clicking because the price is ridiculous.

Good deals always come along eventually, and with finite quantities, it's right place, right time. Sucks for most of us, because if we were in the right place at the right time, we wouldn't be looking for this stuff to begin with.
You are missing the point. The rules say no scalping.

You are missing the point. The rules say no scalping.

Who decides what scalping is? The definition of value, in business terms, is what the customer is willing to pay for. If a member is willing to pay $100 for rubber, then it's not scalping. Scalping and price gouging don't apply in a marketplace where all goods are luxuries.

rubbers are not the ONLY things being "scalped" in the forum lately....i have gotten better deals on ebay than the forum. this just makes me sad to see the forum as being a second ebay, although the buyer has not fees to pay, the equivalent still goes to the seller with the ridiculous pricing and mediocre condition...

Who decides what scalping is? The definition of value, in business terms, is what the customer is willing to pay for. If a member is willing to pay $100 for rubber, then it's not scalping. Scalping and price gouging don't apply in a marketplace where all goods are luxuries.

Then forum rule no. 8 is not applicable? Was it created just for formality sake? Should it be re defined or removed?
E.g. "Set a price, if buyers do not like it, move on."
I am referring to both available and discontinued items. I thought this separate us from online market place. A community that enjoys collecting Oakley at a reasonable price.

You have a point, who decides what scalping is? Who decides what the price should be?

I do not know. I think I am just go back creating more funny memes. Lol.

as much as I don't like this guy I gotta agree

To engage in the reselling of something, such as tickets, at a price higher than the established value. Who establishes value? I have been fortunate to meet some really awesome people who know I have a passion for Oakley and what I am looking for. They also know what I have, want to sell, or what I can get. I recently found a IH Juliet and immediately got offers for double what I paid for it. While I didn't offer to sell, and may one day trade, I didn't immediately come to the forum to rake over members. I think the point a member is trying to make is that we come here as a collection of Oakley brothers who want to help each other get the most from their collection without raping someone over price. Kinda help them along and one day repay the favor. I think another point is some people just do the minimum post amount, minimum time and then start their classifieds and make their sales with no other contribution to the forum. I personally have sent friends here, met some friends, will meet friends and hook anyone in the DFW up that needs it.

i agree with this. since our fave oaks are luxuries, scalping does not really apply here, IMO. if it were items mandatory for one to live (food, shelter, etc) and the sellers raises the price to ridiculous heights, then THAT, IMO, is the definition of scalping.

but i still hate those sellers that sell too high, lol...

I always try to make a fair and decent offer buying and selling. Sometimes I get em and sometimes I don't. But don't get something for $20 and sell to me for a $100 then I have something worth $300 you offer $150.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back