• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road vs Sapphire iridium

vikzata

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I am wondering which lens to buy and have narrowed it down to these two options - prizm road or sapphire iridium. The lens will be used for road cycling usually in medium to bright light which makes both appropriate. Clearly the Prizm road is a very specific lens for my purpose but what I am afraid of is that it has very pink-ish output. Am I correct or it is not that bad? From what I have seen from a review the Sapphire has similar base color/contrast but not that much of a pink/red. Is it like this? Is there any significant difference between them and which one would you recommend more? Has anyone tried them both or does anyone have photos "through them" for a comparison? I can put them on in a store but it won't give me the impressions as putting them on outside.

I honestly use both. I use Prizm Road in the forest preserve, and Sapphire Iridium (or Prizm Sapphire, if you have that) when riding on really bright days with little cover. Both work really well for cycling. I can take a pic of a comparison shot looking through both later today for you.

I have both, and swap them on my Uranium Flak 2.0 frame.

I have seen many comments like this and I don't mind but I'd like to know why do you think like that? What is better? What do you like more? What is your opinnion on my concern?

I don’t think prizm road has a pinkish look. Sapphire has kind of a brown hue. See my holbrook in pic below. Prizm road is an all around good lens. Let’s in a lot of light and is clear. You can also throw in positive red in the mix. Also a great lens and I’m not sure of the light transmission but it definitely works good on low light. But really we all can give you our opinions but everyone’s eyes are different. I wear contacts so my eyes are gonna be different. It’s best that you are gonna have to determine what’s best for you thru trials. You can purchase lens reasonable on here and on eBay with a little searching. So it might be better to just buy different lens for different situations like early morning or late evening or Raining days!!! I hope this helps!!!!

0A75A446-6303-4338-A186-E1A6F7E3CFFE.jpeg

If I recall, both have a pinkish hue. I don't know if I would use Prizm Road for anything other than outdoor workouts though, but that's just me. I rarely have any "loud" colors though, so it's a personal preference. I do like the Uranium Frame for running/cycling though. Definitely stands out

If we agree that both have pinkish hue and that it is less with the sapphire, how about the contrast that both provide, is it very different? Also the light transmission is the same for both - 20% but does one look darker than the other because of the tint?

Hi,

I am wondering which lens to buy and have narrowed it down to these two options - prizm road or sapphire iridium. The lens will be used for road cycling usually in medium to bright light which makes both appropriate. Clearly the Prizm road is a very specific lens for my purpose but what I am afraid of is that it has very pink-ish output. Am I correct or it is not that bad? From what I have seen from a review the Sapphire has similar base color/contrast but not that much of a pink/red. Is it like this? Is there any significant difference between them and which one would you recommend more? Has anyone tried them both or does anyone have photos "through them" for a comparison? I can put them on in a store but it won't give me the impressions as putting them on outside.

Is there a peticular reason why you don’t like the pink?

Latest Posts

Back