• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road vs Sapphire iridium

@Zax, thank you for the photos!

What I find really surprising is that the sapphire looks warmer especially when looking at the browns and greens, I didn't expect that. Am I the only one who sees it like this?
On the other hand I don't see anything disturbing in neither of them or at least in these light. It is also good to see that both of them could be worn and work in such conditions and are not very dark.

Ok guys, today I had the opportunity to test prizm road during my ride and here are my impressions:
1. When I put them at home the purple/rose/violet hue was noticeable but once I got outside - not so much so it was fine.
2. The contrast that they provide is really nice, especially on the red/brown/green side. The trees and the dirt/dust on the road really pop out. It is no something WOW or very very impressive(like the trail one probably) but it is there and it looks good.
3. The tarmac gets a bit darker and it is nice when you change from shady to bright areas.
4. For me all of the above is due to the hue and again because of it I find that it makes the colors a bit colder which I am not sure that I like better.

@Zax would it possible for you to PM me some more photos comparing the Sapphire with "naked eye" looking at tarmac and some colorful scene with trees and thing like that? And if there is a sun over there it will be even better. I want to see if it really makes the contrast warmer like it looks like on the previous pictures.

Talking about this what is the situation with OO Red iridium? Does it look warmer because of its more brownish base color or it is the same?

And last but not least, is there a difference in the clarity between them?

Ok guys, today I had the opportunity to test prizm road during my ride and here are my impressions:
1. When I put them at home the purple/rose/violet hue was noticeable but once I got outside - not so much so it was fine.
2. The contrast that they provide is really nice, especially on the red/brown/green side. The trees and the dirt/dust on the road really pop out. It is no something WOW or very very impressive(like the trail one probably) but it is there and it looks good.
3. The tarmac gets a bit darker and it is nice when you change from shady to bright areas.
4. For me all of the above is due to the hue and again because of it I find that it makes the colors a bit colder which I am not sure that I like better.

@Zax would it possible for you to PM me some more photos comparing the Sapphire with "naked eye" looking at tarmac and some colorful scene with trees and thing like that? And if there is a sun over there it will be even better. I want to see if it really makes the contrast warmer like it looks like on the previous pictures.

Talking about this what is the situation with OO Red iridium? Does it look warmer because of its more brownish base color or it is the same?

And last but not least, is there a difference in the clarity between them?

I’ve got all three. I’ll upload some pics later

Hi There,

Here are the comparison shots between the three

No Lenses:
IMG_9984.JPG

Prizm Road
IMG_9985.JPG

00 Positive Red Iridium
IMG_9986.JPG

Polarized Sapphire Iridium
IMG_9988.JPG

Hi everyone,

Just want to give you an update. After testing the Prizm road and the photos sent from you, I decided to go with Sapphire iridium. They arrived yesterday and I haven't had a chance to test them on the road but nevertheless, just looking through them outside I have to say that I like them much more than Prizm road. They are way more neutral and have a just a little bit of contrast and I'd say that it is more brownish than pinkish which I like more and for me the colors look more real. I don't regret at all that I chose this lens.

Back