• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Road vs Sapphire iridium

Not really, unless it makes some colors or scenes look very unreal. If one of them gives much more realistic and relaxing feel, I would probably prefer it

Gotcha, to me Sapphire doesn’t have any pink. Prizm road has some but not as much as VR28BIP.

It’s honestly up to personal preference and everyone has different eyes and ways of viewing the world. Best and most sure way is to purchase the lenses and resell what you don’t like. It’s not financial ideal but it’s the best way to get a realistic view in real world Situations.

Top is Sapphire, bottom is Prizm Road
DE74B319-9520-4032-91BB-9AA5E5E59CC5.jpeg
7E8136AE-738C-4339-929B-B21DF69348F3.jpeg

Hi,

I am wondering which lens to buy and have narrowed it down to these two options - prizm road or sapphire iridium. The lens will be used for road cycling usually in medium to bright light which makes both appropriate. Clearly the Prizm road is a very specific lens for my purpose but what I am afraid of is that it has very pink-ish output. Am I correct or it is not that bad? From what I have seen from a review the Sapphire has similar base color/contrast but not that much of a pink/red. Is it like this? Is there any significant difference between them and which one would you recommend more? Has anyone tried them both or does anyone have photos "through them" for a comparison? I can put them on in a store but it won't give me the impressions as putting them on outside.

I got the Prizm Road over a month ago and I can tell you it's really superior for being on a road than any other lens I have tried (my general favorite lens is Warm Grey). It helps me see the road better and helps me see hazards quicker, such as the number of snakes I have almost stepped on!

It does have a rose hue, something I wouldn't mind if they got rid of it but I think I read somewhere that rose/red hues are used because they provide certain qualities such as depth and contrast. It's not a big deal, after a few moments the hue goes away for the most part, at least for me now.

One thing I will say unrelated to lenses is that for bicycling I have found it is important to have frames that completely enclose the eyes. Otherwise from time to time I get debris from under, or from the sides of , the lens and then there's something in my eye for awhile. Not a good feeling.

Also to be noted, the larger the lens the more Prizm effect you get. If you get the small lenses you'll get a smaller Prizm effect.

You could order the Prizm Road from an authorized seller who has a good return policy. This way if it doesn't suit you can return it, maybe for free if that's the policy.

Hi,

I am wondering which lens to buy and have narrowed it down to these two options - prizm road or sapphire iridium. The lens will be used for road cycling usually in medium to bright light which makes both appropriate. Clearly the Prizm road is a very specific lens for my purpose but what I am afraid of is that it has very pink-ish output. Am I correct or it is not that bad? From what I have seen from a review the Sapphire has similar base color/contrast but not that much of a pink/red. Is it like this? Is there any significant difference between them and which one would you recommend more? Has anyone tried them both or does anyone have photos "through them" for a comparison? I can put them on in a store but it won't give me the impressions as putting them on outside.

I got the Prizm Road over a month ago and I can tell you it's really superior for being on a road than any other lens I have tried (my general favorite lens is Warm Grey). It helps me see the road better and helps me see hazards quicker, such as the number of snakes I have almost stepped on!

It does have a rose hue, something I wouldn't mind if they got rid of it but I think I read somewhere that rose/red hues are used because they provide certain qualities such as depth and contrast. It's not a big deal, after a few moments the hue goes away for the most part, at least for me now.

One thing I will say unrelated to lenses is that for bicycling I have found it is important to have frames that completely enclose the eyes. Otherwise from time to time I get debris from under, or from the sides of , the lens and then there's something in my eye for awhile. Not a good feeling.

Also to be noted, the larger the lens the more Prizm effect you get. If you get the small lenses you'll get a smaller Prizm effect.

You could order the Prizm Road from an authorized seller who has a good return policy. This way if it doesn't suit you can return it, maybe for free if that's the policy.

It’s kind of ironic coming from you. Multiple threads about with a slew of reviews...without a single photo for reference. Perhaps you can take a better picture for this thread

You misunderstood what I said. I simply meant with
It’s kind of ironic coming from you. Multiple threads about with a slew of reviews...without a single photo for reference. Perhaps you can take a better picture for this thread

There is a misunderstanding. I didn't mean at all what you thought. My intention was to humorously point out that all it would have taken would have been a step outside to get much better photos. It's funny to me. Not laughing at you.:)

Latest Posts

Back