• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Questions For Jim Jannard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Jim...love the insight bud. Huge fan since the 80s as a kid.
My wife and I love all thinks Oakley, however I have to say I have an un-natural addiction to the X-Metal line.

Reading this thread, I gotta say the most reinforcing awesome line is "We ignored the warnings."

I'm a rock industry and activation photographer in Houston/LA/NYC and LOVE what you've done with Red. I currently film with Nikon pro bodies but the more I video work I'm getting, the more I have the 'X-Metal craving' for a Red. I might need your help by sending my wife an email, telling her that I definietly need a Red.

Bravo with everything!

Tre'
Tre'... I wish I had hair like you. I actually did for awhile until it just up and fell out one day. Let me know which address you want me to send the wife an email. You can let me know at jim@red.com. Everyone else... don't send me an email. :)

Before I email her... show her this.

Jim

You're very humble.

First i just want to thank you for being with us. I'm from Brazil, want to ask you, what do you think about the fever that Oakley is in Brazil?

Keep the good ideas, love your work on RED. Thanks for all the wonderful things you did for O, especially the X-Metal line.

You're very humble.

First i just want to thank you for being with us. I'm from Brazil, want to ask you, what do you think about the fever that Oakley is in Brazil?

Keep the good ideas, love your work on RED. Thanks for all the wonderful things you did for O, especially the X-Metal line.
I'm not sure what fever you are talking about... but it sounds good.

Brazil is great. Terrific UFC fighters. If Oakley is doing well in Brazil... all the better.

Jim

Man, you can't even imagine! It is a FEVER because everybody has one! I live on the beach in Brazil, everybody wears it. Your little daughter stores should come more there, we just have some stores, not much of them. Most of the products come from independent sellers on US or other countries.

Thanks for the good adjectives to my country.
Best regards Jim!

USA Today published this 2 page extensive article back in 1997(it's cool how it's in the sports section instead of business). Jim, what was your reaction to the article? Is it true that before the lawsuits, a business partnership of Oakley making eyewear for Nike and Nike making footwear for Oakley was in considerations?

Article summary: http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Da...JIM-JANNARD-HOLIDAY-SHOPPING-TOGETHER-NO.aspx

ra6eqe6u.jpg

USA Today published this 2 page extensive article back in 1997(it's cool how it's in the sports section instead of business). Jim, what was your reaction to the article? Is it true that before the lawsuits, a business partnership of Oakley making eyewear for Nike and Nike making footwear for Oakley was in considerations?

Article summary: http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Da...JIM-JANNARD-HOLIDAY-SHOPPING-TOGETHER-NO.aspx

ra6eqe6u.jpg
Phil Knight was a friend... or at least I thought so.

End the end, we sued Nike for patent infringement. They decided to "distort instead of extort" our patent. It was very satisfying.

Oakley eyewear rocks... Nike eyewear... not so much. There is a God.

Jim

a little copy cut on that for nike eyewear but not as good as oakley...of course that is why I love oakley.

Good stuff Jim, burning questions keep coming up.

Can you give us info about the design of the HQ? Was a "Mothership landing on the hill" in mind when this was designed? Is it true that an underground bunker with super top secret stuff is housed under the Fortress?

a2uju2u2.jpg

Good stuff Jim, burning questions keep coming up.

Can you give us info about the design of the HQ? Was a "Mothership landing on the hill" in mind when this was designed? Is it true that an underground bunker with super top secret stuff is housed under the Fortress?

a2uju2u2.jpg
Colin and I referenced "Blade Runner" and "Metropolis" for the building. I then showed him an indian gold coin... which was the inspiration for the entry.

Colin is all world.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back