• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Last edited:
I was just interested in that reading as I found some Jordan replacements with no markings and I would like to read the story behind this
Looks like the link is dead...

If it helps, someone asked a related question a few days ago.

From what I have learnt was that Romeos originally came supplied with unmarked red earsocks - this would have been on early four digit pairs.
They then changed to black unmarked earsocks towards the end of the four digit pairs.
Early six digit pairs had the addition of 'Made in USA' on them and the 'CE' mark was added at a later date - presumably to meet EU regulations.

I have never seen or heard of a Ti/Gold or Plasma/Fire pair without any markings so this could have been around the time of their release.

I would be happy to be corrected on any of this info but it is concurrent with Romeos in my collection.

Nice reading thanks... A few months ago there was a pair of Jordan on eBay and I think I saw a red marked earsock (made in USA) but probably I’m wrong

Nice reading thanks... A few months ago there was a pair of Jordan on eBay and I think I saw a red marked earsock (made in USA) but probably I’m wrong
These would have been red earsocks from a Ducati Juliet - correct colour but not true to the four digit Romeo....