• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

đŸ¦˜Romeo 1 Jordan Information Page - At least 11 differences from a normal R1

Hello to Everyone! I just want to ask if all (9999) RJ1 has X Metal etching less refined or the "may be some" of the higher serials ( ex. 5k and up ) was more refined? Thanks!

From my understanding they all were like that.

Go to the link above to see photos of a variety of them from low serial numbers to high numbers and you can see the less refined etching in the high numbers as well.

From my understanding they all were like that.

Go to the link above to see photos of a variety of them from low serial numbers to high numbers and you can see the less refined etching in the high numbers as well.
Thank you very much gpstar! for your response and for the link. I asked that question just to make sure. Because I also read somewhere that some higher serials have oval shaped hammerstems instead of squared (transition period) so I thought that there may be some possibilties that Oakley used the more refined etching on the later pieces. Also in the link you sent me the X metal etchings are not focused. I hope that some RJ1 high serial owners can help us confirm or answer the question. Thank you again and Have a nice day to all!

Thank you very much gpstar! for your response and for the link. I asked that question just to make sure. Because I also read somewhere that some higher serials have oval shaped hammerstems instead of squared (transition period) so I thought that there may be some possibilties that Oakley used the more refined etching on the later pieces. Also in the link you sent me the X metal etchings are not focused. I hope that some RJ1 high serial owners can help us confirm or answer the question. Thank you again and Have a nice day to all!
I highly doubt the hammerstems on any of them would be rounded. the Square stems went well into the xmetal 6 digit serial production numbers. My 029142 pair has square stems still.

You can see one here, #7449 with the etching.

The squares stems continued on for quite awhile into the 6 digital serials.

I highly doubt the hammerstems on any of them would be rounded. the Square stems went well into the xmetal 6 digit serial production numbers. My 029142 pair has square stems still.
Thank you brother! I appreciate so much your response. So we can conclude that all 9999 RJ1 has squared stems and less refined X Metal etching? unless it was modified or something "please correct me if I am wrong" I'm Just doing some research and asking questions because I desire 1 right pair for me. Thank you again!

Back