• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Romeo 1 Jordan Information Page - At least 11 differences from a normal R1

You can't see any differences visually, it appears to be all internal on the ridges where the lenses sit.

For example in this first picture, you have a custom cut Romeo lens on the left for your standard 6 digit Romeo. On the right is a Eye-Jacket 1.0 lens which is the same as the Romeo 4 digit lenses minus the X-metal etching.
View attachment 738711

The second picture, I stack the lenses on top of each other and you can visually see the extra lens material on the 6 digit Romeo lens.
View attachment 738712

The third picture is a 4 digit Romeo frame with the 6 digit custom cut lens in the orbital. That is as far as it will close. It is not possible for the screw to reach the threads in the frame to close the orbital.
View attachment 738713

The last picture is a comparison of the 6 digit and 4 digit Romeo frames and where the differences must lay. I do not have a caliper handy to measure the internal depth of the lens socket ridge, but I would assume that it is deeper on the 6 digit Romeo in the highlighted area to fit the larger lens.
View attachment 738714
Nice informations, thank you

Another thing to point out, some 6 digit Romeo X-Metal (dark finish) frames have the squared arms. I have one at 024890 and I have seen others with them that are below 03XXXX. It seems somewhere just before the 03XXXX range (from what I have seen of others) that they changed to the rounded edged arms on the dark X-Metal finishes.

@gpstar thanks for the detailed reply. Great information. Can you also explain what you mean by 'squared arms' vs 'rounded-edge arms'?

First photo is a Romeo Ti Gen 1.
IMG_8493.JPG

The last 2 photos are a Romeo X-Metal
IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_7833.JPG

Another thing to point out, some 6 digit Romeo X-Metal (dark finish) frames have the squared arms. I have one at 024890 and I have seen others with them that are below 03XXXX. It seems somewhere just before the 03XXXX range (from what I have seen of others) that they changed to the rounded edged arms on the dark X-Metal finishes.

Was a little bit later than that. Here's mine. Definitely square stem. #052064

20200527_115702.jpg

20200527_115724.jpg

Back