• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

saw it last week and loved the movie.

although unlike what people are saying, nothing in the movie was a big reveal to me. i guess i read too many starwars books and comics. lol. even one of the reveals you speak of near the end is someone that is well known to have survived in the canon comics and star wars cartoon shows.

the one thing i think they handled horrible is Chewy's life debt to Han. it was never even mentioned.

Last edited:

although unlike what people are saying, nothing in the movie was a big reveal to me. i guess i read too many starwars books and comics. lol. even one of the reveals you speak of near the end is someone that is well known to have survived in the cannon comics and star wars cartoon shows.

the one thing i think they handled horrible is Chewy's life debt to Han. it was never even mentioned.
I have read a ton of the books. A lot of the clone trooper books.

Wookies live up too 400 years. Han is basically a dog or other pet.

although unlike what people are saying, nothing in the movie was a big reveal to me. i guess i read too many starwars books and comics. lol. even one of the reveals you speak of near the end is someone that is well known to have survived in the cannon comics and star wars cartoon shows.

Well, that's fair enough. Nothing would be a mystery if you read the books/comics, played the video games.

Most of us are "amateurs" compared to you hardcore nerds. We're just going off a finite source of information....which is still daunting ie. about 20 hours of film!!!!

Well, that's fair enough. Nothing would be a mystery if you read the books/comics, played the video games.

Most of us are "amateurs" compared to you hardcore nerds. We're just going off a finite source of information....which is still daunting ie. about 20 hours of film!!!!
Careful, I will start emailing you books. And I will expect full book reports. Lol

0603181232_HDR.jpg
Today should be a good day.

View attachment 482711

Yes. I had read somewhere that the parsecs unit was used as time and distance, so that makes sense. I didn’t remember hearing the 22. I was looking out for the 12 parsecs.

A parsec is not a unit of time, it is only a unit of distance, 3.26 light years. Some have thought it was a unit of time by misinterpreting the "year" part of "light year", but a light year itself is just a unit of distance, how far light would travel in one year in a vacuum.

But in the original movie when solo uses parsecs to describe how fast he did the run when talking about how fast his ship was, it was an error using it as a unit of time and this has been called out among fandom for decades. So retconning it into the run being variable distance is an attempt to cover the original mistake.

Apologies if I've explaining something you know already.

Latest Posts

Back