• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

Most of the expanded universe is no longer considered canon though?

hence why i mentioned canon sources as to this particular surprise. marvel star wars comics are canon and so are their TV shows/cartoons. you are correct by saying "most" of the expanded universe are not canon, but books after Disney took over are considered canon. this particular instance would be relevant to the TV shows and comics.

Last edited:
also kessel is supposed to a prison world of spice mining. something george lucas stole from Dune. large space worms (just like in Dune) create un refined "spice" where it is mined on that planet. hence han in episode 4 talking about being banished to the "spice mines of kessel." spice just like in the Dune universe is a drug. it's pretty much the only drug touched on by the Star Wars universe.

there has never been anything else mined on that planet before this movie. they started getting this unrefined explosive/fuel coaxium out of nowhere. i guess i'm ok with that, but where the hell were the spice mines the planet is known for.

Spice mines of Kessel

hence why i mentioned cannon sources as to this particular surprise. marvel star wars comics are cannon and so are their TV shows/cartoons. you are correct by saying "most" of the expanded universe are not cannon, but books after Disney took over are considered cannon. this particular instance would be relevant to the TV shows and comics.
Thanks for not spoiling, haven’t seen Solo yet. And please please please “canon” not “cannon”!

Latest Posts

Back