• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Star Wars

My only gripe with it is the discs are stored in cardboard sleeve holders. Unfortunately that’ll probably cause scratching overtime if not careful. But overall it’s a nice package.

But does it have the theatrical releases of IV-VI that are un-f***ed with? Till they do that....I'm keeping my Laser Discs :(

But does it have the theatrical releases of IV-VI that are un-f***ed with? Till they do that....I'm keeping my Laser Discs :(
HA! Nope. I doubt we’ll ever see those versions of the movies in any kind of high-def releases ever. Even though fans have been begging for them for years.

One thing Disney Star Wars does great is ignoring what fans ask for, or in cases giving us the complete opposite of what we asked for. I could rant for pages and pages but I won’t, not worth the effort. They seem to be trying to right the ship with the Mandalorian and Clone Wars though.

Mine is 18 discs, but I think that’s just the difference between HD and 4K.

The discs are in a gatefold jewel case in this one though, rather than cardboard sleeves.

47574EB5-EDB2-4835-85DD-2C645CB98681.jpeg

HA! Nope. I doubt we’ll ever see those versions of the movies in any kind of high-def releases ever. Even though fans have been begging for them for years.

One thing Disney Star Wars does great is ignoring what fans ask for, or in cases giving us the complete opposite of what we asked for. I could rant for pages and pages but I won’t, not worth the effort. They seem to be trying to right the ship with the Mandalorian and Clone Wars though.

To be fair Lucas ignored the fans too...well dismissed them saying it was his creation and because he liked it better with the Special Edition effects and scenes everyone else could get over it.

I agree on Mando and Clone Wars. Though Clone Wars was always good. The thing about both of those is they have Dave Filoni heading/producing both franchises, and with Mandalorian, John Favereau writing it while being a huge fan of star wars is a dream team. Filoni should be the head of Lucasarts...still don't know who Kathleen Kennedy blackmailed to get that job.

And let's not forget that The Clone Wars series singlehandedly rehabbed Anakin's character from the abortion that was the Hayden Christiansen performance.

Last edited:
Mine is 18 discs, but I think that’s just the difference between HD and 4K.

The discs are in a gatefold jewel case in this one though, rather than cardboard sleeves.

View attachment 728477

European sets tend to get nicer packaging I've found. And are cheaper. And they seem to leave them in production longer (meaning you can still find them a few years later after release). After looking over $175 sets for Battlestar Galactica that were US releases with cardboard sleeves and none of the side movies. I found a UK version on Amazon for $40, with jewel cases for each season, and included Razor, The Plan, and the webisodes. The $175 US set had none of those. The Clone Wars I could only find on DVD in the US that weren't $60+ a season, so I found a UK version of Seasons 1-5 for $60 (Disney technically released season 6 so they still distribute that season on Blu-Ray, but they have really not wanted to give Cartoon Network any extra royalties for the first 5 seasons since they took over and haven't released an updated Blu-Ray set since the Cartoon Network release).

You all get the best set releases I've concluded.

To be fair Lucas ignored the fans too...well dismissed them saying it was his creation and because he liked it better with the Special Edition effects and scenes everyone else could get over it.

I agree on Mando and Clone Wars. Though Clone Wars was always good. The thing about both of those is they have Dave Filoni heading/producing both franchises, and with Mandalorian, John Favereau writing it while being a huge fan of star wars is a dream team. Filoni should be the head of Lucasarts...still don't know who Kathleen Kennedy blackmailed to get that job.

And let's not forget that The Clone Wars series singlehandedly rehabbed Anakin's character from the abortion that was the Hayden Christiansen performance.
You're 100% correct on all points! Filoni should no doubt be the head of Lucasfilm. I have heard rumors that Kathleen Kennedy could be out as head of Lucasfilm, but again, just rumors. I think if they wanted to do the right thing she would be gone.

Anakin's character in clone wars is so likable it just makes his fall to the dark side even more meaningful, at least for me. I agree that Christiansen's performance could have been better, but he did portray an arrogant, cocky teenager so I guess he did that ok lol.

Looks like it comes with the letter too. The overall outer box and presentation isn't as nice, but for $100 less that's not shabby. Perhaps I will get yet another region free, UK release set....lol

Amazon.com: Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Complete Box Set Blu-ray Region Free: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, George Lucas, J.J. Abrams: Movies & TV
That's what my Rogue One is. I liked the UK Steelbook better than the US release so I went with the region free edition lol.

You're 100% correct on all points! Filoni should no doubt be the head of Lucasfilm. I have heard rumors that Kathleen Kennedy could be out as head of Lucasfilm, but again, just rumors. I think if they wanted to do the right thing she would be gone.

Anakin's character in clone wars is so likable it just makes his fall to the dark side even more meaningful, at least for me. I agree that Christiansen's performance could have been better, but he did portray an arrogant, cocky teenager so I guess he did that ok lol.

True, I should say the movies just didn't provide any context as to why we should like Anakin in the first place. It was, found a chosen one, aaaaaaaaand he's a ****. Woah...he turned bad, didn't see that comming (blue font for sarcasm)....The cartoons actually showed how he was likable, a good leader, if not impulsive, and kind. So I too feel that it made his downfall that much harder to take.

That's what my Rogue One is. I liked the UK Steelbook better than the US release so I went with the region free edition lol.

The region free selection on Amazon has definitely been a boon for DVD collectors.

Latest Posts

Back