• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is wrong with the website

fazuraaaW

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone!

I am a new oakley customer from Cyprus. I have been trying the past week to make a purchase on a pair of sunglasses that got my interest immediately. I click on checkout fill all the details that I get asked for my shipping information and my credit card and yet I always get a message saying that "Failed to place the order" . I have contacted support twice and they didn't really helped me they just said that the IT department is working on it but it has been a weak now and I thought I'll share it here and see if anyone else has the same problem or any possible solutions.

Hello everyone!

I am a new oakley customer from Cyprus. I have been trying the past week to make a purchase on a pair of sunglasses that got my interest immediately. I click on checkout fill all the details that I get asked for my shipping information and my credit card and yet I always get a message saying that "Failed to place the order" . I have contacted support twice and they didn't really helped me they just said that the IT department is working on it but it has been a weak now and I thought I'll share it here and see if anyone else has the same problem or any possible solutions.
Welcome

Hello everyone!

Welcome. Maybe try a different payment method?

Hello everyone!

Try using PayPal, always works for me.

Hello everyone!

the bigger the store/brand, the worse the customer service/websites are.

Look at Nike, perhaps the biggest sports retailer (right after Fanatics) they have a **** website where you more often than not get an error code at checkout when trying to buy stuff.
And CS are clueless

pure garbage

Nike is rated "Bad" with 1.7 / 5 on Trustpilot
-
Fanatics is rated "Bad" with 1.6 / 5 on Trustpilot

Did you ever find a fix to this problem? Having the same issue with the Oakley Thurso low bridge in ink olive.

Customer service & support gave the same answer you received years ago, looks like they still have the same memo & problems..

Back