• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Which Sellers Do You Trust? Here's Cacatman's Top 28 People I think I can trust to buy from! 😂

Now what we should have on here is a
WALL OF SHAME.........
But admin would need to approve the reason to add someone to the wall and you should have proof of the bad transaction ect......
If the deal is made right by the guilty party they can be removed.
I'd love that, but it won't happen. You have two sides and the truth is out there somewhere.

Sent from Q's S8+

I'd love that, but it won't happen. You have two sides and the truth is out there somewhere.

Sent from Q's S8+
5472A8A2-E2B5-4662-8B5D-A3F782ED8F57-11989-00000AB84E4BF513.jpeg

I'm good not being on that list... I am not one who likes to sell anyway...usually I love what I'm keeping or it's not worth much anyway.

I've only sold/traded 2x on here. It is what it is...I've never bought from the forum.

No biggie... Just protect yourself and go with your instincts.

Sent from Q's S8+

He's already on the list and well vouched for but @X-Metal Beast is a awesome guy to deal with. All my X-Metals are for him and they're all top quality.

I agree @X-Metal Beast is an awesome guy, the glasses I bought from him was better then I ever expected.

Also I would like to add @scienergy the Juliets he restored for me is the best glasses I ever owned.

and lets not forget @DrMike, doing business with him is not just safe but a true pleasure. I gained alot of knowledge from him if you live in Europe and need a tune up for your x metals I would contact him.

I don't sell, I buy. I think I've put two WTS listings here and they were both for non-Oakley items and a long time ago. One sold, the other traded. So whether or not I make the trusted seller list is irrelevant to me.

That said, this list has limited value. Unfortunately more than once here a seller with a good reputation has flaked out and started ripping people off. Trustworthy today doesn't always mean trustworthy tomorrow. Just follow buying practices that protect yourself and then you don't have to take someone else's word on who to trust.
Thanks. You know I always value your input, @kronin323.

What you've said is true. Everyone has to discover for themselves who they can trust here. But this list is a good starting point, and I learnt some names I wouldn't have known before.

Also,I think that this list helps confirm who just SOME of those sellers are. It's also an encouragement to those on the list to keep doing what they're doing and that their efforts at being trustworthy is NOT taken for granted. Rather, actually noted.

As I wrote, even your best friend potentially could steal your wife (of course, "it takes 2 hands to clap", as they say), so let's not get carried away with this whole "trust" thing. You and I both know there's only one Person we can totally trust, but that's it. No one comes close.

So does this mean if I buy from somebody you've listed as a trustworthy seller and they rip me off, I can hold you liable for the damages? :rolleyes:
You can try holding me liable for my claims. Regardless, I'd vouch for the 20 I've actually listed. It's still 20 more than a new guy to the Forum will know.

Come on @kronin323, it's not the absolute answer to every trade.

There are holes and qualifications and exceptions and fine print for every single thread that's posted in this forum. Take it for what it is.

You can try holding me liable for my claims. Regardless, I'd vouch for the 20 I've actually listed. It's still 20 more than a new guy to the Forum will know.

Come on @kronin323, it's not the absolute answer to every trade.

There are holes and qualifications and exceptions and fine print for every single thread that's posted in this forum. Take it for what it is.

I was just busting your balls... ;)

But seriously, it is worth qualifying the limitations of value of a list like this. Unfortunately Oakleys and common sense don't necessarily go hand-in-hand and the naïve may not intuit everything you consider implied, may take it as definitive instead of a "starting point". An attempt at public service can become a disservice if done improperly. When you're thinking of creating a new list, you shouldn't just consider how it could be used, also consider how it could be misused...

Back