• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Titan22 x Jordan 35

Happy to have access to these at retail at least. Probably would've been the same with the 23 had I not slept on release announcements.

I really wanted to like the Jordan 34. In all of the 20 or so minutes I owned it, that felt like potentially the most capable performance shoe I've ever tried on. Accurate fit, ridiculously light, of the best tooling specifications, but it was delicate at the eyelets and mine tore on the first tie. I legit wasn't even wrangling the thing, and it didn't take long to hear others having the issue.

The 35 does with more of a 13 or 29-esque lacing setup. Finally a return to some form of premium material with the leather front panels. Fit is still in resemblance to the 34, which is a great thing. The bands or whatever do dig a bit. I like it because it lends to a closer fit, but might not be for everyone because it might create pains in different feet.

Of the little I've tried with Nike Basketball for this NBA season (and to the little extent of actual use)...the Kyrie 7 might still be the shoe I'd pack in my bag more often, but this might be the pair I pick if I had to only pick one for the year. It's the "nicer" shoe for sure. I feel like Nike/Jordan has a lot of failed attempts at making shoes live up to their ridiculous peak prices*. This is probably as close as it has gotten lately imo.

*technically the prices of retros is also bull****, but demand is letting them get away with it.

1612675995007.png

Back