• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can they be saved?

Beesh71

Oakley Beginner
My daughter took my eye patch 2s off my head and threw them in the ground. Any suggestions on what might work? Already bought some double edges to replace them but can't bring myself to throw these out without at least trying
20171203_122213.jpg

I have been toying with trying to fix broken frames (I have a pair of original 5's broken at the nose bridge like yours) I know it's possible but I have not found the secret. Forget super glue or glues that say the work on plastic - Loc-time makes one. They don't work.

I was going to try JB weld. I was just trying to figure out how to stabilize the frame in the right position while it cures.

I thought about Gorilla glue but it expands.

I also thought about drilling a small hole in the frames and putting in a pin to help keep the frames stable and for added strength.

Worst case if it doesn't work you could keep for spare parts or sell them like @Lars suggested

Someone needs get loc tite black glue. It's 400$ for a small 2 part system. Strongest glue made period. You can glue metal, then turn it in a lathe

Sent from your mom.

I have been toying with trying to fix broken frames (I have a pair of original 5's broken at the nose bridge like yours) I know it's possible but I have not found the secret. Forget super glue or glues that say the work on plastic - Loc-time makes one. They don't work.

I was going to try JB weld. I was just trying to figure out how to stabilize the frame in the right position while it cures.

I thought about Gorilla glue but it expands.

I also thought about drilling a small hole in the frames and putting in a pin to help keep the frames stable and for added strength.

Worst case if it doesn't work you could keep for spare parts or sell them like @Lars suggested

I had the same experience with a pair of Crankcases. The frame snapped on the top part of the left orbital. I tried super glue and it held just fine... for a few days. I unfortunately didn't get to try any other methods because they got stolen (hope whoever got them likes having broken Oakleys :mad:), but suffice to say that super glue did nothing but leave an ugly residue on the frame.

Latest Posts

Back