• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep and Shallow Water Prizm - May 1st Release

well I would think the alcohol in the cleaner would kill any frogs. jk

I believe only the snow goggle lenses are anti-fog now anyways. So on most regular lenses the cleaner spray should be fine.

Just got The fuel cell with the deep lens to replace my first gen Infinite Hero fuel cells which broke on me the other day. When looking online the lens always looked super blue to me. When I got it and today looking at all the pictures I see here the lens looks almost like a silvery blue or a steel blue. Am I losing my mind?
These will be swapped out with some gauge 8's with a snow prizm polarized lens and some Two Faces with (I think) a black Iridium lens.

Just got The fuel cell with the deep lens to replace my first gen Infinite Hero fuel cells which broke on me the other day. When looking online the lens always looked super blue to me. When I got it and today looking at all the pictures I see here the lens looks almost like a silvery blue or a steel blue. Am I losing my mind?
These will be swapped out with some gauge 8's with a snow prizm polarized lens and some Two Faces with (I think) a black Iridium lens.

DWP has always been like a sky chrome blue looking tint. don't trust Oakley stock pictures. a good practice is to google search the lens and look for pictures of people wearing the actual lens before buying instead. or check the "what are you wearing today thread" on this forum to see examples of different lenses. the pictures on Oakley's website are basically cartoons. they are graphic design images instead of pictures and often cant represent the real world lens tint. sapphire is more super blue. although it is a bright electric blue, not dark blue like Ice used to be. there are pictures on other pages in this thread you could have looked at to see how Deep Water Polar looks in real pictures (page 7 for example).

Last edited:
I'm not mad at it. It still looks good. More importantly the tint serves me well on a daily basis. Just not what I expected.

I see what you mean. Shield lenses are depicted with the actual colour at the centre but much darker blue at the extremities, whereas single lenses show lots of green at the edges. Neither look as good as the real thing to my mind.

Latest Posts

Back