• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuel Cell Story

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
I went to my local Vault yesterday and picked up the Fuel Cell Exclusive Science that was there. I noticed that the lenses were scratched and so the guy was kind enough to change them out and put in a new pair free of charge. When he was putting the new ones in it seemed that he had a little trouble but got them in and so I put them on and walked out the store.

After a while I noticed that I kept getting dizzy after taking them on and off. On top of that, it seemed that the frame made me look very angry with it being angled downwards which was strange because I don't recall the Fuel Cells having much of a lens angle.

I chalked it up to me being misinformed about the frame and the dizziness due to hunger pangs.

You could imagine my surprise today when I put the nanoclear/hydrophobic treatment that the lenses were put in incorrectly! The left was in the right and vice versa. So I switched them back and voila. No angled lenses and no dizziness. LOL

Wow that's a classic, you would think the employee could have figured that out. I've seen several people have their half jacket lenses in backwards, but never a fuel cell!

It's the emerald one. It's weird because I thought it was supposed to be jade as well.

My box also says Emerald iridium however the sku# OO9096-27 is for jade iridium. I compared the lenses side by side with my emerald /carbon juliets and they are the same. I call emerald.....

As far as I know there were 3 versions of the science fuel cell made:

Dark gray/Jade
Matte black/violet
Matte white/chrome

Luv to get the matte white with chrome!!!!!

Back