• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Future is competing with Nike?

trying to turn the company into an underarmour no more tech gear surf or lifestyle

Not really. The changes are about getting back to being a sports performance brand, which is how it all began, and by elevating all products to be on par with eyewear in terms of technology, innovation, performance, and quality. It's all really good stuff. People will be stoked on the apparel ans accesories that are coming.

Yes, because people always embrace change... :rolleyes:
Well, having had a chance to see it myself, I can tell you confidently that this change is really, really good. Better, more premium, performance oriented AFA products with Oakley attitude/edge and dialed-in fashion sense - it's killer stuff. Footwear is not dead either.

Well, having had a chance to see it myself, I can tell you confidently that this change is really, really good. Better, more premium, performance oriented AFA products with Oakley attitude/edge and dialed-in fashion sense - it's killer stuff. Footwear is not dead either.

I love the sound of this because it really is what I was thinking about lately. I ordered the Factory Road 2.0 Gloves and they should be in tomorrow. I plan to do a review as I believe they're relatively new. Most I can say now is that I like the return to more subtle branding. Really hope they define themselves as a rediscovered specialty by Oakley as these were priced on the upper end of the spectrum of short finger gloves.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this topic, but thinking about it....I wouldn't say Nike is the right brand to compete with, but something more specific like Fox. Oakley has had a history with MX and MTB, and can capitalize in trying to offer more appealing protective options. As it is, Fox kinda carries an image of feeling cheap.

Also hoping the accessories switch from playing off the logo to being (positively) unsettling stuff in public in true Oakley nature. Taking the hinge elements from the carbon clip and implementing it into a more affordable option, more intricate belt buckles, etc.

To me, it is not a big problem if they try to develop the apparel business, although I think Nike is on a lower level.
What concerns me, instead, are the new sunglasses styles that IMHO have nothing to do with the Oakley brand identity. For instance to me the Catalyst is a very non-sense Oakley, and I do not think this design will help to gain new loyal customers, as they have been doing with people writing on this forum.

Back