• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Home Theater Help Needed

Ecko

How may I help you?
Staff member
Premium Member
Florida
I am trying to replace my home theater set up. I started with an Onkyo HT-R540 receiver that was a box system. I have since replaced the towers with Klipsch Icon WF35, Klipsch WF center (same as tower models), and Klipsch sub. I currently use the Onkyo surrounds but they will be next on the list.

I would like some help on buying a new receiver that will maximize my towers as i feel my setup is under powered. I would like to keep the system 5.1 or 5.2 as i currently only use that out of.my 7.1

I'd like to stay under 500 but will be happy to hear any suggestions.

HT is a huge hobby of mine. I've built 2 dedicated theater rooms in our house and have many av receivers around the house. I will say that through my years i keep coming back to Denon. I am currently using 2 different models in a couple rooms and love them. They gave several models under that price point.

HT is a huge hobby of mine. I've built 2 dedicated theater rooms in our house and have many av receivers around the house. I will say that through my years i keep coming back to Denon. I am currently using 2 different models in a couple rooms and love them. They gave several models under that price point.
I def. agree, I've had 3 so far... But a better receiver than the Onkyo for around 500$? Might be tough...

You can get a nice Denon for this budget no doubt. Top of the line? No. But still good. I also have an onkyo upstairs. My biggest complaint is their size and weight and the fact they have overheating issues.

Same situation here. Replacing an Onkyo box system piece by piece. Got a denon receiver a couple years ago and have been very happy with it. My other consideration was an entry level pioneer elite. I chose to go with a denon a couple steps above entry for about the same price and it's great.

Back